Rename my new Item Template Tab Labels

More
10 years 5 days ago #46566 by chasc
I've read through the threads about renaming the template tab labels and have not found a solution. I'm running FLEXIcontent version 2.1.3 r1857 - I create a new item template and need to change the names of the tabs, i.e., TAB01, TAB02, etc.
I went into the en-GB.ini file and add:

TAB01="Primary Impact Area"
TAB02="Inerge Ratings"
TAB03="Key Benefit Areas"
TAB04="Knowledge Worker Focus"
TAB05="Industry Focus"
TAB06="Market Presence"
TAB07="Activity Tabs"
TAB08="Comments"
TAB09="Websites"
TAB10="Social Media"
TAB11="Analytics"
TAB12="Visits"

I was hoping I could change the TAB01, TAB02, etc. in the the new item.xml file for my "app" item template. The new labels work for the "subtitle_tab1_label" labels, but are also repeated in the "bottom_tab1_label" labels. Would please let me know how I can fix this. I want to rename all of the 12 tabs.

I'm based in New Hampshire, USA
Thank you for your help!! :)

Charlie
chas@glbvst.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 days ago #46568 by ggppdk
Hello

you go to each content type (edit form) or category and you can see in template parameters (bottom right) that these default TAB names are used:
TAB01
TAB02
TAB03
etc

both the top tabset and bottom tabset use the above

BUT you can change them !
you edit your content type or category and set custom ones for the top tabset:
e.g.
MY_TAB_INDUSTRY
MY_TAB_TURISM
MY_TAB_TRANSPORT

then in joomla language manager in overrides TAB you add the above language strings, or better you can edit the language file directly:

FRONTEND: language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini
BACKEND: administrator\language\overrides\en-GB.override.ini

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 4 days ago #46573 by chasc
Thank you very much! Very good improvement.

Charlie

More
10 years 4 days ago #46585 by chasc
Evidently I did something wrong, before I got your response above, I had already modified my new templates item.xml and en-GB.ini files. I added to my en-GB.ini file for my "apps" items template (created based on the default template):

TAB02="Inerge Ratings"
TAB03="Benefit Areas & Platforms"
TAB05="Industry Focus"
TAB06="Market Presence"
TAB07="Activity Tags"
TAB08="Comments"
TAB09="Websites"
TAB10="Social Media"
TAB11="Analytics"
TAB12="Interests"

In the item.xml file, I changed: label="Label for Tab 1" code to label="Primary Impact Area"
for each of the field name="subtitle_tab1_label" in the top section of code.
In the bottom section (under each field name="bottom_tab1_label") I changed the default="TAB01" to default="TAB07" and the label="Label for Tab 1" to label="Activity Tags"

The changed worked, but I have the problem I initially raised. Now, I understand how to change the TAB01, etc. in my "type" called "application". However, the top TAB01 - TAB06 repeat in the bottom section. and the gray labels on the left "Layout Configuration for : apps" reflect the change to the item.xml and en-GB.ini files. Now I need to find the best way to fix the problem.

My current "apps" en-GB.ini file is:

; template language file to override or add new language strings

FLEXI_TPL_NO_COLUMNS_SELECT_FORCING_DISPLAY_ITEM_TITLE="No columns selected forcing the display of item title. Please:<br />1. enable display of item title in category parameters<br />2. OR add fields to the category Layout of the template assigned to this category<br />3. OR set category parameters to display 0 items per page"
FLEXI_TEMPLATE_HTML_MODE="HTML Version"
FLEXI_HTML_MODE="Choose HTML version"
FLEXI_HTML_MODE_DESC="Choose between xhtml or html5."
FLEXI_XHTML="xhtml"
FLEXI_HTML5="html5"
TAB02="Inerge Ratings"
TAB03="Benefit Areas & Platforms"
TAB05="Industry Focus"
TAB06="Market Presence"
TAB07="Activity Tags"
TAB08="Comments"
TAB09="Websites"
TAB10="Social Media"
TAB11="Analytics"
TAB12="Interests"

I changed my item.xls for "apps" back to:

<field name="subtitle_tabs_grp" type="separator" default="SubTitle Tabs" description="" level="level2" hr="false" />
<field name="subtitle_tab1_label" type="text" default="TAB01" label="Label for Tab 1" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="subtitle_tab2_label" type="text" default="TAB02" label="Label for Tab 2" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="subtitle_tab3_label" type="text" default="TAB03" label="Label for Tab 3" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="subtitle_tab4_label" type="text" default="TAB04" label="Label for Tab 4" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="subtitle_tab5_label" type="text" default="TAB05" label="Label for Tab 5" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="subtitle_tab6_label" type="text" default="TAB06" label="Label for Tab 6" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />

<field name="bottom_tabs_grp" type="separator" default="Bottom Tabs" description="" level="level2" hr="false" />
<field name="bottom_tab1_label" type="text" default="TAB07" label="Label for Tab 1" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="bottom_tab2_label" type="text" default="TAB08" label="Label for Tab 2" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="bottom_tab3_label" type="text" default="TAB09" label="Label for Tab 3" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="bottom_tab4_label" type="text" default="TAB10" label="Label for Tab 4" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="bottom_tab5_label" type="text" default="TAB11" label="Label for Tab 5" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />
<field name="bottom_tab6_label" type="text" default="TAB12" label="Label for Tab 6" description="The text for this label is filter via JText (you can add to your ini language files)" />

And modified the "Layout Configuration for : apps" to:

TAB01
TAB02
TAB03
TAB04
TAB05
TAB06
TAB07
TAB08
TAB09
TAB10
TAB11
TAB12

But the gray labels on the left are still:

Primary Impact Area
Inerge Ratings
Key Benefit Areas
Knowledge Worker Focus
Industry Focus
Market Presence
Activity Tags
Comments
Websites
Social Media
Analytics
Interests

This is fine, but on the frontend, the bottom TAB01-TAB06 repeat (are not TAB07-TAB12).

Do you know how to fix?

Charlie

More
10 years 4 days ago #46591 by ggppdk
Hello

after changing XML files PLEASE REMEMBER to clear joomla cache

-- parsing XML files is expensive and is bad to do repeatedly, so we cache it !

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 4 days ago #46592 by chasc
I don't have a cache problem, but I'm wondering if the strings I placed in my apps item template en-GB.ini file are correct (see below). Is there a way to create a string for each TAB01, etc. to distinguish between to top and the bottom? I've tried every configuration and keep getting the same results - the Bottom Tabs get the same labels as the Subtitle Tabs.

Originally, I created a new items template from the item default template called "apps". I've generated about 24 fields that are organized in the apps item template. Everything works great, but I can't change the names of TAB01-TAB06 in the Bottom Tabs in the "frontend" (what people see). I searched the forum and have seen other people with the same problem. One issue is why the Subtitle Tabs and the Bottom Tabs have the same default names (and not TAB07-TAB12). This way the tabs are distinctly different and should be much easier to change.

As suggested, I changed the Layout Configuration for" apps in "type" called "applications" I left the Subtitle Tabs as TAB01-TAB06 and renamed the Bottom Tabs to TAB07, TAB08, etc. Then in the apps item template en-GB.ini file I entered:

TAB02="Inerge Ratings"
TAB03="Benefit Areas + Platforms"
TAB05="Industry Focus"
TAB06="Market Presence"
TAB07="Activity Tabs"
TAB08="Comments"
TAB09="Websites"
TAB10="Social Media"
TAB11="Analytics"
TAB12="Interests"

The Subtitle Tabs were renamed, but the problem with TAB07-TAB12 persists. I'm using the original item.xml file from the default items template and I have clear the cache. There has to be a fix for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Charlie

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline