Using Flexicontent article Editing in another extension

More
9 years 11 months ago #47045 by mazataza
I would like to build an extension for my client about daily radio broadcasting.
it should work as a playlist.
The extension will allow user to add radio broadcasts (a playlist) and each playlist can include as much articles as it needed. (these articles surely include a field to store the MP3 file).
The extension will allow user to include an existing article or create new article to a playlist.
for the first one it is simple to open a window for selecting an article.
for the second option i don't know how to do it and how to return to my extension admin after adding a new article.

Is that possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #47046 by ggppdk
Hello

you want to create relation between FLEXIcontent articles ?

about 3rd party extension what do you mean ?
are you are creating a new custom component or you would want to create a new FLEXIcontent field TYPE ?

for duplicating an existing FLEXIcontent field and creating a new field type, see instructions in our FAQ:

How to Duplicate a Flexicontent Field to create a new Field Type

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
9 years 11 months ago #47047 by mazataza
Hi,
I want to develop a custom component for joomla and should be depend on Flexicontent.
in this component i want to use the same article editing tools used by Flexicontent like new/edit/delete.
The component can be show like this.

1- in the main admin part it show a table of playlists
2- when clicking on a playlist it should show the articles included in this playlist. here i want edit/create those article as Flexicontent does.
3- after editing/creating the article i want to return to point (2) again.

More
9 years 11 months ago #47060 by ggppdk
Hello

i think you should make a FLEXIcontent type and 1 or more custom fields type to accomodate the functionality that you need

about your custom component, you can make an SQL query to the #__content table and join with #__flexicontent_items_ext to get whatever information you have in mind

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
9 years 11 months ago #47072 by mazataza
I think it is still not clear what i mean.
what i mean when a user want to add a new article in my component i want to access such editing screen

so that the user has the same functionality when add/creating/deleting item in flexicontent admin part.

in other words i want to reuse the code of flexicontent.

More
9 years 11 months ago #47082 by ggppdk
Hello

ok but can you tell as a specific task that you want to do that is not general programming and general Joomla programming ?

surely you are not asking on how to create a Joomla component there are joomla docs available for this

thus your question can be

e.g.

1. how i create a listing of my custom component items via a FLEXIcontent field

2. how do i list inside my component a selection list for flexicontent items

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline