I want to create a button on frontend item edit page which save the item as draft.

More
5 years 9 months ago #74054 by Ali_wdm
There is three button on frontend item edit page (save button, save&preview button and cancel button).  I want to add one more button on item edit page to save item as draft. How should I do this task..?? Where I want to write html code for button and javascript for this button..?? Will I have to change model of flexicontent or have to pass some parameter..?? Please assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #74064 by ggppdk
Hello

can you explain the usage scenario of this ?

i mean why not select draft state in state selector and then click save ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
5 years 9 months ago #74065 by Ali_wdm
There is no option to select status while saving an item from frontend. In administrator, there is option to select status of item. That is why I want to add one more button to in frontend item saving form. 

More
5 years 9 months ago #74068 by ggppdk
Hello

you can go to component configuration parameters (click Configuration button)
and inside Item Form Tab, select the default frontend item state item for non-published to draft

thus the frontend submitted items will be created in draft state for users that are not privileged to publish them
Also the frontend users will get a button "request approval" button that they can use when they are comfortable that their content is ready be reviewed for publishing

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline