Using FLEXIcontent to ReMix JomSocial

More
14 years 1 month ago #5716 by TheSoMeEx
I have been thinking about whether FLEXIcontent's versatile templating, plus the ability to put code into fields might allow some interesting remixing of profile pages for JomSocial (for example).

I can see breaking up the JS page into the code pieces needed (and using whatever mods might be available to help), to create a custom home page, profile, whatever for my site.

Has anyone had any thoughts along this line, or am I completely off my rocker? *grins*

Thanks!

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5723 by Olinad
That would actually be cool :D
There's a couple of JomSocial modules that could be loaded and used, but wouldn't you need an article for each of your users?

More
14 years 1 month ago #5757 by TheSoMeEx
Yes. I think that is the case... But I was thinking a few things:

1. It could be used for "Premium Profiles," where a certain box is checked, and that JomSocial profile is redirected to the item.

2. More than anything, I was thinking about remixing the home page of JomSocial... Bringing in more of the site activities - blog posts with actual content snippets, recent kunena posts, etc. Making it more a real part of the site, instead of a dull "community" page...

3. Adding more comprehensive "author bios," including JS fields, activities, etc.

I'm still futzing with the idea in my head, trying to figure out the best way, and would love feedback.

I'm no coder... but I have some expendable cash. *grins* I may have to get this made.

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline