Plugin to insert flexi image into Phoca gallery's images

More
14 years 1 month ago #6034 by neilw
Hi,

I use Phocagallery and PhocaGallery Image Module because it allows me to have images in module locations where I want them. However, I need to load images into it and if I want to use the same images in an article then I need to load them again in flexicontent. This is OK for me, as an admin but for users they would not understand why you need to do this nor would remember to do it everytime.

The rough outline of the plugin would be:

if Phocagallery installed

If image uploaded (presumably using onAfterSaveField)

call function within phocagallery that adds images

end if

end if

I am going to contact Phoca and see if the copy and insert could be handled by calling a function within PhocaGallery. Is this even possible within Joomla!?

I am also considering the opposite which is to have a plugin for PhocaGallery that does the following:

if Flexicontent installed

If image uploaded (presumably using onAfterSaveField)

copy file from phocagallery's image location to flexicontent's
insert record into jos_flexicontent_files

end if

end if

Mind you I would need that information of what function to call within Flexicintent.

I am toying with writing the plugin myself but as I know next to nothing about PHP it could be very tedious, unless someone is willing to provide the technical help. (I have looked at the plugin creation tutorial on the joomla site and feel I could do it but I am sure I will get stuck a lot)

Regards,

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline