Add A Date View to Back-End Items List

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6351 by TheSoMeEx
Right now, the back-end items list shows either the created date or the revised date. I would very much like to show the Start Publishing Date instead of the revised date.

In fact, I think this is a valuable option for anyone who creates content to post ahead of time, because it will allow a simple snapshot of what dates are covered at a glance.

I'll need:

1. The work done, installed and tested.

2. The work commented and documented, so that I can add it into future releases.

Anyone wanna code it? Anyone wanna share costs or testing?

*smiles

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #6353 by yopyop001
Hi,

You can test with this file
[attachment=0:3ol7pmg2]<!-- ia0 -->default.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3ol7pmg2]

Create the folders
com_flexicontent/items/
in
administrator/templates/khepri/html/

and put the file default.php. It will override the default items back-end view of flexicontent, so you will be able to update Flexicontent without problems.

Only 2 lines have changed :

line 271 :
Code:
<?php echo JHTML::_('grid.sort', 'FLEXI_START', 'i.publish_up', $this->lists['order_Dir'], $this->lists['order'] ); ?>
instead
Code:
<?php echo JHTML::_('grid.sort', 'FLEXI_REVISED', 'i.modified', $this->lists['order_Dir'], $this->lists['order'] ); ?>

and line 622:
Code:
<?php echo JHTML::_('date', $row->publish_up, JText::_( 'FLEXI_DATE_FORMAT_FLEXI_ITEMS' ) ); ?>
instead of:
Code:
<?php echo ($row->modified != $this->db->getNullDate()) ? JHTML::_('date', $row->modified, JText::_('FLEXI_DATE_FORMAT_FLEXI_ITEMS')) : JText::_('FLEXI_NEVER'); ?>

No time today to adapt and test the filter fonctions..

Bye
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 week ago #6731 by TheSoMeEx
Thank you! I'll test this out.

For some reason, the email notifications on forums only seem to work half the time. Grrrr.

Thanks again!

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline