Edit Article after Approval - Question...

More
14 years 1 month ago #5650 by ThatComputerDude
So we are doing a Government website for a local city. They do not want their writers to be able to edit their own articles. They don't want them to be able to edit or make changes to an article after it has been approved by management.

So we setup the permissions so that those writers can not edit their own articles but it creates a problem:
1. It eliminates the draft feature. So once they save a story, it's locked for them to go back and edit. So they have to write the story and then request to have it approved or let it sit there in draft status until a manager deletes it.

So is there a way to allow the writers to edit their own articles BUT if after the article has been requested for approval AND approved by a manger - if the writer goes in and edits it after that, that it would require them to submit for approval. So the article would go back to not being visible on the website until it has been approved again.

This way the writers are able to edit their own articles, use the draft functionality AND the managers would be able to monitor ALL changes made to articles.

I see this as something that is really needed (unless this is how it works already and I completely missed it when testing). This way a writer can not create an article, submit it for approval, have the article approved and then go back and make changes that the management wouldn't know about.

Thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #5663 by vistamedia
YES you can!!! :-)
But it's too late for tonight, I'll try to explain you that tomorrow
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #5718 by ThatComputerDude
Oh this is outstanding news! I wasn't sure if this was a possibility and if not, thought it should be something added in the future.

I look forward to seeing how it's done!

Thanks

More
14 years 1 month ago #5756 by raramuridesign
Hi
I would also like to know if this is possible..
please could you let us know a step by step guide on this one

regards
Matthew

More
14 years 1 month ago #5835 by vistamedia
In order to do that you must go to the configuration screen and :
* Enable versioning (if it's not already done).
* Disable the auto-approve version

All users that aren't allowed to publish on the website won't be able to approve the versions. That means, even if they edit an item and work on it, the last APPROVED version will remain on the website.

The only missing feature is a system to allow them notifing the publishers that they made changes and want them to be approved and a module to show the VERSIONS pending for approval.

Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 1 month ago #5888 by ThatComputerDude
Can they not select the item/article and click the Approval Request button?

Or does that only do something when an item/article has not been approved yet?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline