Fexiacces - content publishing

More
13 years 11 months ago #7500 by eclessia
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to configure flexiaccess and flexicontent for a blog that I'm creating with lots of categories and contributors.

I would like contributor's articles to appear in a bottom level category that I nominate AND in the top level (parent categories) only.

My category tree looks like this:

The locations category is the blog front page and sub categories - specific locations - form the menu (to filter the articles).

I'm looking for a solution so that when a melbourne contributor publishes an article it appears in the melbourne category (as confingured in flexiaccess) and automatically appear in the top level 'locations' category (the front page). If there was a way to have all parent categories included (ie. australia and locations) that would be great but not essential.

I'm guessing this could be achieved one of two ways.
1. modifying catgory.php to show articles from child categories - as per www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic (this didn't seem to work for me). (see modified
Code:
/** * Method to get the children of a category * * @access private * @return array */ function getChilds() { $query = $this->_buildChildsquery(); $this->_childs = $this->_getList($query); // $this->_childs = $this->_getList($query, $this->getState('limitstart'), $this->getState('limit')); $k = 0; $count = count($this->_childs); for($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++) { $category =& $this->_childs[$i]; $category->assigneditems = $this->_getassigned( $category->id ); $category->subcats = $this->_getsubs( $category->id ); $this->_id = $category->id; $category->items = $this->getData(); $this->_data = null; $k = 1 - $k; } $this->_id = $id; return $this->_childs; }
)

2. forcing category id 8 (locations) to be added to every new item through customisation.

I'd guess option 2 is an easy modification I'm just not sure which is the relevant file or how to alter it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - this is my final stumbling. block.

PS: a better long term solution would to control parent and child category permissions independently through flexi access (like the propagate child READ permissions)

Thanks!!!!

Mat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7598 by eclessia
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to configure flexiaccess and flexicontent for a blog that I'm creating with lots of categories and contributors.

I would like contributor's articles to appear in a bottom level category that I nominate AND in the top level (parent categories) only.

My category tree looks like this: www.onemonthoneroll.com/cat_tree.jpg

The locations category is the blog front page and sub categories - specific locations - form the menu (to filter the articles).

I'm looking for a solution so that when a melbourne contributor publishes an article it appears in the melbourne category (as confingured in flexiaccess) and automatically appear in the top level 'locations' category (the front page). If there was a way to have all parent categories included (ie. australia and locations) that would be great but not essential.

1. modifying catgory.php to show articles from child categories - as per www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... =viewtopic (this didn't seem to work for me). (see modified
Code:
/** * Method to get the children of a category * * @access private * @return array */ function getChilds() { $query = $this->_buildChildsquery(); $this->_childs = $this->_getList($query); // $this->_childs = $this->_getList($query, $this->getState('limitstart'), $this->getState('limit')); $k = 0; $count = count($this->_childs); for($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++) { $category =& $this->_childs[$i]; $category->assigneditems = $this->_getassigned( $category->id ); $category->subcats = $this->_getsubs( $category->id ); $this->_id = $category->id; $category->items = $this->getData(); $this->_data = null; $k = 1 - $k; } $this->_id = $id; return $this->_childs; } )

2. forcing category id 8 (locations) to be added to every new item through customisation.

I'd guess option 2 is an easy modification I'm just not sure which is the relevant file or how to alter it.

PS: a better long term solution would to control parent and child category permissions independently through flexi access (like the propagate child READ permissions)

Thanks!!!!

Mat

More
13 years 11 months ago #7599 by eclessia
Hi Everyone,

My category tree looks like this: www.onemonthoneroll.com/cat_tree.jpg

Code:
/** * Method to get the children of a category * * @access private * @return array */ function getChilds() { $query = $this->_buildChildsquery(); $this->_childs = $this->_getList($query); // $this->_childs = $this->_getList($query, $this->getState('limitstart'), $this->getState('limit')); $k = 0; $count = count($this->_childs); for($i = 0; $i < $count; $i++) { $category =& $this->_childs[$i]; $category->assigneditems = $this->_getassigned( $category->id ); $category->subcats = $this->_getsubs( $category->id ); $this->_id = $category->id; $category->items = $this->getData(); $this->_data = null; $k = 1 - $k; } $this->_id = $id; return $this->_childs; } )

Thanks!!!!

Mat

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline