[Solved] How to hide menu items in back end control panel

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #8429 by freeman76
Hi Guys,

I've installed Flexicontent and Flexiaccess and I'm doing some tests to see how both work and I'd like to know if you guys could tell me how I can hide menu items in the back end. With Custom Quick Icons component I can show/hide icons for users (it would be nice if we could set groups instead)

I've created a couple of groups, and 2 of them have managers rights so they can at least log in into Joomla back end. In "Backend and Specifics" permissions, for my group "Company Managers" which has managers rights, all the permissions are set to forbidden expect for "Components" which I allow "Flexiaccess" access.

However when I log in into the back end with a user from the group "Company Managers" I can see the "Components", "Content", "Menus" and "Site" where they can see the "Media Manager" menu item.

Any idea how to hide these menus items? Would it be possible to hide the complete admin menu and only allow Icons int the control panel?

Thank you very much for your help :)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by freeman76.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8463 by freeman76
OK problem solved, I just updated Flexiaccess and it works like a charm. Flexicontent and Flexiaccess are no doubt great great extensions.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8480 by freeman76
OK, forgot to add solved to subject :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #8543 by micker
thanks for your information
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline