<SOLVED> FLEXIaccess Group inheritance

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #8433 by rjpalermo
Couldn't find and FLEXIaccess forum to post this question - sorry if it is in the wrong space.

I'm probably wishing more than hoping but here goes.

I'm going to have 4 categories of users on my site. Each of these groups will have 3-6 parent groups with each higher level providing fewer restrictions to site content.

For example:

Group A
Group A > Curious sees 1,2,3
Group A > Participating sees 1,2,3,4,5,6
Group A > Active sees 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

In order to get into Group A you all you need to do is register and identify yourself

In order to get into Group A > Curious you need to register and fill out a few more form fields in your profile.

In order to get to Group A > Participating you need to complete a basic profile I define

In order to get into Group A . Active you need to complete a comprehensive profile

I think I can do that through inheritance and field restrictions...correct? What I don't know - is it possible to automatically move a user from Group A > Curious to Group A > Participating without my involvement? I mean as soon as they complete the basic profile they can automatically be granted rights in the parent Group?

Fingers crossed...
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by rjpalermo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #8585 by micker
hello i think it impossible because you when to do form ... you nedd to understand sql request and structure table of flexiaccess ...
after you can use chronoform to do this (a form what is complet execute a sql request how to change user type)
but is complexe...
Regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 10 months ago #8592 by rjpalermo
Thank you miker.

I am hoping not to have too many components and plugins. I'll mark as solved to clear some of the clutter in this forum - it is getting a bit tedious to find simple answers - hope other forum posters could be as considerate.

- RP

More
13 years 10 months ago #8599 by micker
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline