JCE editor not working for backend managers

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5713 by wiebe
Hi there,

The JCE editor is not working properly for backend managers.
First of all - when there is no content in the editor field - you can not get into the editor field at all (in wysiwyg mode). You can bypass this by switching to text mode and typing something - but this is not what you want.

Second - when you try to use the JCE image manager - you won't get access (:You are not authorised to view this resource).

How to solve this?

greetz

Wiebe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #5717 by vistamedia
I think you have to grant access to the JCE component to have these features running properly.
I'll study JCE more precisely to see if I can improve that for a future version.
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
13 years 9 months ago #8851 by gnomeontherun
Just ran into this issue, and giving the users access to JCE did the trick.

Would be nice if the menu system could still hide a component even if access was given, is that possible?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8895 by susanpenter
I ran into a problem with this,
I use the editor switcher plug in as I like different features at different times. When I was looking at content imported from basic Joomla and tried switching from TinyMCE the page jumped away and it was no good. When I opened a new blog page I was able to use JCE although a got an error message that a css page and template were missing.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.456 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline