New users not syncing with forum

More
11 years 7 months ago #28643 by kenmcd

I noticed that out of the last 12 user registrations in Joomla that only two have created users in the forum.
So it appears there is an issue with the bridge.

I also noticed that since the update that the forum is back to redirecting to no-WWW.flexicontent.org.
This may be causing issues.

Updating the forum and bridge using no-WWW may have set inconsistent links in the configuration.
Dunno. That's a guess.

I remember that there are some links hard-coded in the forum template so if the default is to be no-WWW those links should be changed too.

I suspect this issue may also be related to the subscriber access issues as the cookies may be set in effect for two different domains.

The no-WWW vs. with-WWW was an issue quite awhile ago (1 year+).
I discussed this with Emmanuel as it was causing issues with forum notifications (404 links in the emails) and I think he decided to standardize on with-WWW.
It was also causing the links from the Joomla Extensions Directory to be 404s.

The forum notification emails appear to use the domain used by the poster.
So if you are using no-WWW that is the link received.
If you are using with-WWW that is the link received.

It also appears sometimes forum users are using HTTPS.
Sometimes I have received notifications for your posts which have flexicontent.org - this causes the browser warning about the certificate.

A redirect should probably be put in the htaccess file to standardize on one or the other.
With so many links out there now with it both ways this would appear to be the only way to have it start getting standardized.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #28673 by micker
ggppdk have change htaccess and php.ini to protect site ...

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.265 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline