content types gone after migration from 1.5 to 2.5

More
9 years 11 months ago #46912 by gcprnet
I just tested a potential migration from 1.5 to 2.5 on my testserver (according to www.flexicontent.org/78-installa ... -tool.html ) and everything seemed to work out pretty well till I came to step 8 (edit-save all content types) when I realized that all my content types except for "article" are gone. When I went into this a bit deeper, I discovered that all my fields are gone too. I have more than 2000 articles that do not have "article" as type and are now mapped to this type (which I actually do not use). Is this a common problem? If yes, could anyone please tell me how to avoid it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #46913 by micker
Try fleximigrate by netassopro
It works great and free

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
9 years 11 months ago #46919 by ggppdk
Hello

the J1.5 DB tables should be there, right ?

so what DB prefix did you have in the J1.5 web-site ?

it seems that for some reason the JUpgrade did not copy the tables

do this:

1. uninstall FC in the newly J2.5 upgraded web-site
BE CAREFUL DO NOT UNINSTALL FC in J1.5 site it will delete the flexicontent DB tables !

2. using phpmyadmin copy all *_flexicontent_* DB TABLES with the new J2.5 DB prefix

3. install latest FC in J2.5 web-site and re-follow the upgrade steps described in the guide

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline