Scope Joomlas featured flag

More
12 years 1 month ago #23730 by mcmurdok
Is there a way to scope the Joomlas "featured flag" in the FLEXIcontent Universal Module?
I know, that I could use a special category for this, but it's hard to handle a big number of categories within an article/item.
The other reason I wouldn't like to use a new category for this is, that if display the articles categories in the frontend I can not make out if it's a catogory for technical reasons (I don't want to show) or if it's a content-category, I want to display.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23737 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Scope Joomlas featured flag
You know that you can exclude a category from all listings ?

Go the the (SYSTEM) FLEXIcontent advanced route plugin and select to exclude this category from routing (=meaning no links will be created to it, e.g. when displaying the categories of an item this category will not be listed)

about your question, yes, we have many scopes but more are useful / needed, we need :
1. archive state scope
2. featured flag scope
3. custom date field scope
4. other

1 & 2 are easy, i also have 2 last core fields uncommitted (hits and votes), i ll see if commit them tonight, i don't want to break anything !!!

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 1 week ago #24453 by mcmurdok
Hello ggppdk,
are there any news about the useful / needed scopes,
especially the "featured flag"-scope?
Could you probably give me an advice, how i can realize this?

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline