[Reverse scope added] Displaying data from related items

More
10 years 5 days ago #46723 by suge1w
I'll try to ask this as simply as I can, it's quite complicated (for me to work out anyway :? )

I am trying to display the values of a field from a different type that ONLY has the same related items field.

For example, items sorted by field "Height:" which is a field of type "Players" that I am trying to display on item page of type "Clubs" that has the exact same related field as both types.

Is that easy to understand?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 days ago #46724 by ggppdk

suge1w wrote: I am trying to display the values of a field from a different type ...

different type compared to what, when you different you need to say which 2 (or more) things you are comparing e.g. different to item being currently viewed

For example, items sorted by field "Height:" which is a field of type "Players"[/quote]

? a field of type "Players" ?, did you mean a "content type" instead of field type ?

e.g. field type are: select, selectmultiple, radio, image, there is no field type "players"

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 5 days ago #46725 by suge1w

ggppdk wrote:

suge1w wrote: I am trying to display the values of a field from a different type ...

different type compared to what, when you different you need to say which 2 (or more) things you are comparing e.g. different to item being currently viewed

For example, items sorted by field "Height:" which is a field of type "Players"

? a field of type "Players" ?, did you mean a "content type" instead of field type ?

e.g. field type are: select, selectmultiple, radio, image, there is no field type "players"

I do mean content type yes. "Players" is one of my content types.

I want the module to display a field which is only assigned to one type. I want it displayed in the item page of another type based on it's relation.

Another example, I have a club "Sporting Lisbon" and a player "Cristiano Ronaldo". Both separate types but both related to each other in relation field. I want to display Ronaldo's height on Sporting Lisbon's item page and all other players that are related to Sporting Lisbon. So example, two more players "David Beckham" and "Luis Figo". Beckham isn't related but Figo is so the module would display Ronaldo and Figo but not Beckham.

Hope I have explained it better. :)

More
10 years 5 days ago #46729 by ggppdk
Hello

1. create an new instance of Universal Content Module for FLEXIcontent

2. In TAB-SLIDER: Item List: Filtering SCOPEs (ALL enabled filters are required)
-- goto Item scope and set behaviour to "Related Items: Related Items field" (=this is the relation field)

3. and below of the behabiour, select your relation field

4. In TAB-SLIDER: Item List: Displaying of Fields & Other item information -- (Used by Some Layouts e.g. news)
select the fields that you want to display

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 4 days ago #46730 by suge1w
Thanks for reply.

I tried this method before I started the topic and it displays no results.

More
10 years 4 days ago #46732 by ggppdk
Hello

make sure you have set the ALL other filtering scopes to
-- Method: "ALL"
-- Behaviour: "Static - ..."

also to confirm that FLEXIcontent ITEM being currently views has indeed related items:
- add the relation field to the template of its content type,
... are the related items being listed ?

also better upgrade to v2.1.3 r1857, if you have not done already

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline