JEvents: no integration with FLEXIcontent

More
7 years 10 months ago #62301 by iorbita
Hello :)
I see that there is no integration provided with FLEXIcontent and JEvents, it’s pity :( …but strange because JEvents offers a plugin that allows to attach one or more entries from CCKs. This plugin is compatible for K2, SobiPro, EasyBlog, Zoo, and … Joomla! Articles.
Since FLEXIcontent uses native Joomla items, why is it not compatible with JEvents?

Thank you for your clarifications ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #62302 by micker
i think the best question is for jevents dev not ?
did you test it ?
if jevents work with com_content it will work with flexi

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #62342 by iorbita
Hello,
I asked to JEvents developers but apparently is not really clear about the integration...

Here answers that I received:

Question:
Hello,
What is the level of integration with FLEXIcontent and JEvents?
I saw that you offer two plugins, JEvents CCK Plugin et JEvents Embed Plugin.
What is the difference between these two plugins compared to FLEXIcontent?
Thank you ;)

Answer1:
Hello,
I'm afraid at present we have no integration with FlexiContent. Our plugins just integrate with the likes of K2, SobiPro etc.
Many thanks
Tony

Question:
…indeed it’s pity that no integration is provided with FLEXIcontent :( ... but since FLEXIcontent uses native Joomla items and your plugin refers to Joomla articles, don’t you think that this is a valid reason to facilitate its integration?
I read that Content plugin (Embed Plugin) allows to show a link to an event or a series of events within a Joomla article, this is also the case for FLEXIcontent items?
Thank you ;)

Answer2:
Hello,
We call content plugins but not article plugins since we are not an article.
Many thanks
Tony

Answer3:
Its a while since I looked at FlexiContent - do they use Joomla content items as their data storage and extend this with custom fields and functionality like Seblod does? If so have you tried the JEvents CCK plugin?

... I think that the best solution is to try, but it's strange that nobody has tried before… :blink:
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by iorbita.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline