Loading scripts at the end of the body and flexicontent

More
10 years 1 month ago #45339 by gkhn
Hi there,

The code below is loaded in the header section when I implement
Code:
<jdoc:include type="head" />
Code:
<script src="/media/system/js/mootools-core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/core.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/system/js/mootools-more.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/plugins/system/jqueryeasy/jquerynoconflict.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery-migrate.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.ui.core.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/jquery.ui.sortable.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script> <script src="/media/jui/js/bootstrap.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I was wondering if the flexicontent will have any problems if i load the scripts at the end of the body. How can I control these so that they actually load at the end of the body?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45341 by ggppdk
Hello

can you explain why you want this, if you have a "race-condition" = depends on what happens first,

then this is not the proper way to do it

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45343 by gkhn
When I examined my site using gtmetrix, it performs really poorly.
So I need to modify the header output of joomla so that the scripts are not included. I will then place those scripts before </body> tag if that is going to be ok with flexicontent.
Would this affect the front end editing of flexi?

More
10 years 1 month ago #45347 by ggppdk
Hello

the frontend end should not be effected , as long as you move everything ...

e.g. if you call jQuery in head before JS file is loaded ... then there is a problem ...

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 1 month ago #45349 by gkhn

ggppdk wrote: Hello

the frontend end should not be effected , as long as you move everything ...

e.g. if you call jQuery in head before JS file is loaded ... then there is a problem ...

When I move the code below before the </body> tag
Code:
<jdoc:include type="head" /> </body>

I dont know why but the meta keywords and description and the document type are also moved. Is there a way to extract only the scripts so that I can still use the <jdoc:include type="head" /> between the head tags excluding the scripts?

More
10 years 1 month ago #45353 by ggppdk
Hello

I would suggest leaving that in the head,

about you site frontend, many things are can be done, most important are:

- use fast content component (FLEXIcontent is and supports fastest caching method: joomla page caching = enable joomla system cache plugin)
- use a CSS / JS compressor joomla extension (test which settings do not break your website)
- minimize image sizes !!
- use jQueryEasy to load jQuery from a common place like google (thus the users do not need to download it when they visit your website)

- (while browsing your site) if your site is large 10,000 items or more then turn-off FACETED filter behavior for FLEXIcontent filters (it is in each field configuration)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline