joomla cache is killing me

More
9 years 10 months ago #47346 by emanuelusa
Hi there, we are running FLEXIcontent version 2.2.0 r1895 on joomla 2.5 we have the system cache plugin enabled and also are using the file based cache on conservative caching with a 5 min refresh.

The problem is that we have a news site ( www.racer.com )and there are times that the site is returning old cache pages to various users. Some modules like the "latest news" module have a setting where I can turn off cache for that module, but I don not see a similair setting in the flexicontent modules.

What is would like to do is run the site without the systems cache plugin enabled but the site is so large that if I disable it after about 30 mins the site get to slow to load.

any suggestions on how to make the flexicontent modules not keep a cache?

Thanks,
Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #47347 by emanuelusa
most of our modules are using Module mod_flexicontent_items for the catagory module

More
9 years 10 months ago #47348 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic joomla cache is killing me
Hello

in latest v2.2.0 BETA you can disable the (full) page caching plugin (=system cache plugin)

and instead:
- enable Joomla's conservative (or progressive caching)
- now disable cache setting inside the (tab or slider):
"Advanced Parameters (styling & caching etc)" of the universal module

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline