category view and joomfish translated menu items

More
13 years 7 months ago #10418 by kath
hi there,

please, how can i fix the following issue:

[this is kind of a cross post to both FC and joomfish ("JF") forums. sorry, but don't know which one to address in this case... :) ]

problem:
my FC menu item won't show items by language, but shows all items from both my languages.

what i did:
- i created a menu item of type "FlexiContent Category". Lets say, i chose category "german press".
- in joomfish > manage translations > copy original to language > menus i copied it to english, then to german.
- in joomfish > translation > "english" resp. "german" and "menu" > i see my menu item. it has a green tick (translation ok), and it is published.
- i open that menu item here in joomfish > translation ("english") and start translate its fields.
- when i come to the field i am after ("Parameters - URL") at the bottom where i should be able to select a flexicontent category, i press the button "FLEXI_SELECT", popup opens, but i can only see the german categories.
(i notice here that translation of FC labels (e.g. "FLEXI_SELECT") stops right above that line, maybe hint to a corrupt file..?)

what i didn't do:
- i did not use the JF menu localisation plugin since i didnt want to really /copy/ all my menu items rather than just "translate" their settings, one of them being the FC category.
- i did not solve it in the template. when i try, the paging of course breaks.

thanks a lot for any advice!
kath

setup:
i have flexicontent 1.5.3c stable (r354) installed.
i have joomfish 2.0.4 installed
i have joomla 1.5.20 installed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #10468 by kath
or in shorter terms, since the joomfish team suggests that the problem is the button "FLEXI_SELECT":

1) how can i select categories from more than one language?

2) please take a look at the attached screenshot -> is there something wrong with my translation file or the BE-file that may be responsible for the error?

3) /do i have to/ take care of the right language in my translated menu buttons?

i'm very grateful for hints here, since i really run into trouble due to the missing documentation.

thanks!
kath :)

Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by kath.

More
13 years 7 months ago #10473 by Vogglz
Hi,

I am a bit confused: I was under the impression that you did not have to select a category in another language, because joomfish automatically selects the translated version of the category when it detects you clicked the german menu item...

But sorry, I am not familiar with the combination FC + FS, so I might just be talking nonsense here... I would be more than willing to take a look if you can create a user for me.

By the way, is there a XX-XX.com_flexicontent.ini in administrator/language/XX-XX/ ? (XX= your language)

More
13 years 7 months ago #10478 by kath

By the way, is there a XX-XX.com_flexicontent.ini in administrator/language/XX-XX/ ? (XX= your language)

Yes, there is. vocabulary is also in there.
(rest of that screen is translated, too. just thought that maybe some file might be corrupt and the missing transl. at the bottom might be a hint...)

great! on what level do you want me to create you an account - ftp or j! backend?

More
13 years 7 months ago #10480 by Vogglz
To save time, both would be best. If you PM me, I'll try to take a look this weekend.

I saw that the rest was translated, but it seems that admin screen is partially system/joomfish, and partially flexicontent. So you are probably looking for several language files.

Might be far-fetched: your .ini language files are saved as UTF-8?

More
13 years 7 months ago #10524 by kath
Thanks a LOT Vogglz,

by now i'm doing exactly what Emmanuel suggests somewhere here and this seems to be fixed in the frontend (while the backend still looks funny (translation-wise), but i can live with for now):
- have FC translate categories
- change the magic little radio buttons in FC config that say "Filter categoy view" to (•)Y ( )N
simply hadn't done that, didn't expect any user if FC to NOT filter their languages.

Might be far-fetched: your .ini language files are saved as UTF-8?

Yes, they are.

again, thanks for your time and brain! :)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.324 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline