Front End Submission Issues

More
13 years 3 months ago #13203 by TheSoMeEx
I've started allowing some of my style experts to write a monthly column, entering it from the front end (they are set up as Editors, and using FLEXIaccess to grant them permissions to specific categories).

I'm running across two major issues right now:

1. The articles set to publish automatically when submitted, even though the default state is set to draft in the configuration, and they are editors, not publishers - they should not be able to publish.

2. I can't find a way to be notified that an entry has been made. Is this in the configurations somewhere that I missed it? It's important I know when an author has added content, so I can edit it, schedule it and make sure it's ready for their due date.

Thanks!

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #13206 by TheSoMeEx
Ok, I got the state figured out. I just changed the visibility on that field.

Now it's just email notification.

--
Heather M. Claus
910-538-8901
I'm Building a Network of Niche Sites with a Shared Community - in BETA now!
www.365DaysofStyle.com
www.twitter.com/365DaysofStyle

More
13 years 3 months ago #13207 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Front End Submission Issues

TheSoMeEx wrote: 1. The articles set to publish automatically when submitted, even though the default state is set to draft in the configuration, and they are editors, not publishers - they should not be able to publish.

actualy it's normal in your link for submitting you can selected the state
maybe possible on next version..

TheSoMeEx wrote: 2. I can't find a way to be notified that an entry has been made. Is this in the configurations somewhere that I missed it? It's important I know when an author has added content, so I can edit it, schedule it and make sure it's ready for their due date.

it's not possible yet sorry

regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 6 months ago #19589 by zitrusDan
hi,
just found this post and was wondering if there's any news on the notification feature yet. we would need it asap, but just wanted to ask if there's any development going on in this direction right now.

thanks and best,
daniel

More
12 years 6 months ago #19593 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Front End Submission Issues
About issue 1 , it has been addressed in v1.5.6

About issue 2 , email notifications of new item submissions and existing item modifications:

I also need this.

I estimate to do this needs only little or medium time, but never got around to do this despite being something very useful ... it will be in v1.5.6 final

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19599 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Front End Submission Issues
great feature !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline