How to redirect when Flexiaccess restricts access

More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #13549 by davidosullivan
Well that is a very very great shame as it means I cant move to flexiaccess or flexicontent (and have maybe wasted my money which is precisely why I wanted a demo version).

But there is an option to restrict access to specific fields... In manage permissions in a field type you can restrict viewing access to a created group (in my case subscribers)

Is this a mistake that needs to be removed from the form or something that is in development?

The ability to restrict access on a per field basis and choose what to display in restricted fields is the ONLY thing that is preventing me from leaving Mighty Extensions and using flexiaccess/content for my clients.
Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by davidosullivan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #13552 by micker
actualy it not in stable version because it difficult tohave a good performance on serveur... i think manu work on ... but he want to do simply thing to manage this, flexicontent hav maybe less possibility then other CCK but it more simply to use it, think about this !!
and please respect this devellopemnt it's free component becarefull with your used word ...
if you want more, contact manu and ask request a pay quote .
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 3 months ago #13553 by davidosullivan
How do I contact Manu please?

Apologies if I have caused offence. I thought it was clear that I was complimenting Flexicontent as being far better than Mighty Extensions except in this one respect. It is however my opinion that flexiaccess is not ready to be a paid for component. Flexicontent could easily be paid for, but for both a demo is absolutely essential since without a demo it is impossible to know whether a component will actually do exactly what you need.

More
13 years 3 months ago #13554 by micker
hello
no problem your request for demo is interesting but it's not simply to do (reinitialistion on time ...)
I note this it's a good idea
Actualy manu want to create a new version without any bug and with new feature but he work alone (not realy thanks for enjoman and ... he need some times to stabilised new featuring and kill all bug in bug tracker.
his contact
flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... memberlist
he want to bring flexicontent free !!
after new realese we want to created a develloper team to be more reactive.
Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
13 years 3 months ago #13592 by davidosullivan
Hi there,

I have tried private messaging him and when I sent the message it said it was sent, but it is still in my 'outbox' rather than in 'sent messages'.

I have spent some time yesterday working on this and discovered that Flexiaccess does have the ability to restrict fields and this seems to be working.

I have added some params to the fields where you can select whether to show a restricted field and the text to show if restricted.

Where I have hit a problem is in customising Flexiaccess to utilize those fields. Working backwards through the code I think what happens is that Flexiaccess removes any fileds that the viewer does not have permissions for from the output that is sent to the template. I think this happens in plugins/system/flexiaccessclass.php. The trouble is that it is mainly in french, so although I can translate the notes the $variable names do not make sense to me.

What I need basically is some direction to where I find the code that removes field values from the output that is sent to the template, so that I can change this to say ' if show restricted is true replace with restricted text, otherwise remove the field'

As I say I know this is a developer question but I have not had any reply to my PM

David

More
13 years 3 months ago #13594 by micker
good news ! you find a little way ...
explain your tips start for dev
sorry i am not a dev try to contact
yopyop01
or
kenmcd

actualy manu is overbooked with new version ... sorry (i didn't have any news too but the SVN is on moved)
regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline