Big performance problem with FlexiContent!

More
13 years 1 month ago #14377 by 01MrBean
I want to display a list of around 100 articles as an overview in the category view. But there is a big performance problem. The response of my server needs more than 15 seconds. Some times he goes into timeout.

What can I do?

I read some topics about this problem. They said, that a new better version of Flexicontent will comming soon. When will the version truly comes?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #14382 by kursus
Hello,

this issue seems to be fixed in the upcoming version, few days to go !!

More
13 years 1 month ago #14383 by micker
yes try with svn option or be patient upcoming version
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 month ago #14384 by 01MrBean
Where can I find the SVN version?
When will the version released?

The problem is, I have created a lot of content with flexicontent. But with this behavior, my website is not usable!

Regards

More
13 years 1 month ago #14389 by micker
ba patient is comming
at this time select less article for pagination categorie

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #16758 by ggppdk
The problem occurs because you have all content plugins being trigger ON THE FULL TEXT of 100 articles !!!!!!!!

Go to:
/components/com_flexicontent/views/category/view.html.php
and find and comment out, the lines:
Code:
$results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array (& $item, & $item->params, 0)); $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onAfterDisplayTitle', array (& $item, & $item->params, 0)); $item->event->afterDisplayTitle = trim(implode("\n", $results)); $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onBeforeDisplayContent', array (& $item, & $item->params, 0)); $item->event->beforeDisplayContent = trim(implode("\n", $results)); $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onAfterDisplayContent', array (& $item, & $item->params, 0)); $item->event->afterDisplayContent = trim(implode("\n", $results));
as far as i can see the output: $item->text, is used nowhere, but i am not sure if it has some side-effect, i cannot be certain if this code is needed or not.

This will at least halve your page creation times in category view

Note this is not the triggering of plugins you have configured for description field in the field configuration. This is done at file:
components/com_flexicontent/classes/flexicontent.fields.php

You can gain another big performance boost, if you don't need to trigger content plugins on items text while you are in category view. If this is true then find:
Code:
if ($field->iscore == 1) { ... $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array (&$field, &$params, $limitstart)); ... }
and replace with:
Code:
if ($field->iscore == 1) { ... if (JRequest::getVar('view')!='category' || $field->field_type!='maintext') $results = $dispatcher->trigger('onPrepareContent', array (&$field, &$params, $limitstart)); ... }

This should make your page load much faster

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by ggppdk.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline