Read more not present

More
13 years 3 days ago #15344 by grabit
Read more not present was created by grabit
Hi everybody,

I am using 1.5.4 and everything is working fine except (I don't know why) in my blogs when the intro text is cut by the length I am not able to see the read more link.

In the general setting and in the category setting the read more is on. I cleaned the cache.

I have another site also running with the same version and where the read more is visible.

Where should I look at?

An Apple a days keeps the doctor away

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 days ago #15348 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Read more not present
can you put this in bugtracker ?
thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 3 days ago #15351 by grabit
Replied by grabit on topic Read more not present
Micker,

I don't think it's a bug because on the other sites it works well.

I think there is somewhere else where I can change that but I forgot.

More
13 years 3 days ago #15352 by micker
check your template
put code here
regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
13 years 3 days ago #15355 by grabit
Replied by grabit on topic Read more not present
Micker,

the problem comes from the new blog with this site. Not with the others. Some settings are surely differents.
Code:
<!-- EOF above-description-nolabel-line1 block --> <p> <?php if ($this->params->get('lead_strip_html', 1)) : echo flexicontent_html::striptagsandcut( $items[$i]->fields['text']->display, $this->params->get('lead_cut_text', 400) ); else : echo $items[$i]->fields['text']->display; endif; ?> </p> <?php if ($this->params->get('show_readmore', 1) && (strlen(trim($items[$i]->fulltext)) >= 1) ) : ?> <span class="readmore"> <a href="<?php echo JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($items[$i]->slug, $items[$i]->categoryslug)); ?>" class="readon"> <?php if ($items[$i]->params->get('readmore')) : echo ' ' . $items[$i]->params->get('readmore'); else : echo ' ' . JText::sprintf('FLEXI_READ_MORE', $items[$i]->title); endif; ?> </span> <?php endif; ?> <!-- BOF under-description-line1 block -->

I can change that when I remove
Code:
&& (strlen(trim($items[$i]->fulltext)) >= 1)
from the code but why is it working in the other site without that modification?

More
13 years 3 days ago #15357 by micker
maybe a cache problem with xml doesn't respond 1 for if ... strange

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline