Template Help, Please!

More
13 years 1 week ago - 12 years 4 months ago #15506 by matthewschenker
Hello,
I have just started using FlexiContent, and I am very impressed with its capabilities. I've tried Zoo, K2, Seblod, and Form2Content, and FlexiContent comes close to what I'm trying to accomplish.

I really like a lot about FlexiContent. It's got a really intuitive way of creating fields and types, and front-end submission system makes a lot of sense.

However, I'm baffled by the templates. I've copied the "default" template and made my own content type, then used the drag-and-drop functions to put fields into the template. But on the front end, the fields do not show up anywhere near the right order, the "Save" button doesn't work, and there are lots of bits and pieces of functions that don't make sense.

Can someone please point me in the direction of some template documentation?

Thanks,
Matthew
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by matthewschenker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #15512 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Template Help, Please!
hello for template tutoriel see it in french
flexicontent.org/forum/index.php ... =viewtopic
juste think to kill joomla cache after modification
regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
13 years 1 week ago #15527 by matthewschenker
micker,
I have seen the French instructions, but I don't speak French, I'm embarrassed to admit.

I'm sure I am not the only English-speaking person here who needs help with templates. Where do we get information?

I like what I see with FlexiContent, but I can't yet figure out the template concepts.

Thanks,
Matt

More
13 years 1 week ago #15532 by micker
with google translate its simply ..
what is your problem ?

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
13 years 1 week ago #15544 by matthewschenker
Micker,
Google translate kind of gets an idea, but a lot of the details are still rather obscure.

I am able to follow the materials for the XML and CSS work, which I am good with generally. But when it comes to the advanced PHP changes, I get lost.

Thanks,
Matthew

More
13 years 1 week ago #15548 by micker
it's realy simple
1 create a position in xml
Code:
<group>my-position</group>
2 code position in your view (item.php) in good position
Code:
<!-- BOF my-position --> <div id="my-position"> <?php if (isset($this->item->positions['my-position'])) : ?> <?php foreach ($this->item->positions['my-position'] as $champ) : ?> <div class="champ_<?php echo $champ->name; ?>"> <?php if ($champ->label) : ?> <div class="etiquette"><?php echo $champ->label; ?></div> <?php endif; ?> <div class="valeur"><?php echo $champ->display; ?></div> </div> <?php endforeach; ?> <?php endif; ?> </div> <!-- EOF my-position -->
3 clean cache
4 assigne your template at your item or categorie
5 in template configuration drag and drop your field in your position
6 tune with css
regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline