Remove a Category with Items?

More
12 years 11 months ago #16088 by glennc
I want to delete a category that has 105 items in it. Items are in a few different categories and I want to delete just the one category without deleting the items and without going into each item and unassigning it.

Is there a simply way to accomplish this?

Do I have to go into the flexicontent database table item_to_category and delete the rows with that category ID prior to deleting the category?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #16090 by bsky92
I wish I knew some shortcut too.

I did not try getting in the database, too scary to just mess up, but let us know how it worked if you go for it, as I could follow your example then :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #16116 by yopyop001
Hi,

If it's not the main category of the items, you can do it with the table : #__flexicontent_cats_item_relations

Don't forget to backup database before ;)

Regards

The main category of the items is stored in the #__content table.

More
12 years 11 months ago #16151 by glennc
ok, thanks. I was hoping that there was an easier solution.

I'm checking out Navicat for MySQL as a tool that could help me streamline this process.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline