[closed]How to connect a FlexiContent article to a menu item

More
12 years 9 months ago #17155 by hede
Thanks for your informative post.

I want and need the 1.7 features and up to now I got the multi language feature working, nested cats are doing good... I dont want the migration hassle 1.5 to 1.8 in seven months time.

So I need to find a work around.

The Menu Item parameters are not working.

I only need to find a way to link to the articles. May be trough the categorie view.

Seblod 2.0 is working pretty good despite being still in beta as well. Zoo and K2 are no real CCKs from a Joomla perspektive IMHO.

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17159 by ggppdk
I looked at it,
the code still needs plenty of things to be done.

I just might work on Flexicontent for j1.6/1.7

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 9 months ago #17165 by kenmcd
ggppdk,

Congratulations on your promotion to Developer (you certainly deserve it).

It has been very encouraging to see you fixing issues in FLEXIcontent (FC) for J1.5,
and adding new features, and monitoring the forum for issues.
For current FC users this has been very, very helpful.
But there is still more to do to complete the original vision of FC which was laid out at the beginning (as was stated in the original roadmap, blog, and forum).

Using J1.6/7 itself and using the FC version for J1.6/7 is still months away.

My concern is that your talents will be taken away from finishing the mostly working version of FC to become what was envisioned, and instead your time will be put into the J1.6/7 version which is still months away.

I for one hope that does not happen.

Regards,

Ken

More
12 years 9 months ago #17166 by hede
Hello kenmcd!

Why should the devs commit to an old version (except for bug fixing) that runs out of use in a bit more than half a year? What I understand is that FC 1.6 is quite different from 1.5 which makes me wonder if any of new code now commited to 1.5 can be used in 1.6 as well?

If FC is trying to extend their user base, they have to make 1.6 stabel asap IMHO. Or the other CCKs will easily take them on bord.

More
12 years 9 months ago #17173 by ggppdk
Hello,
the provided Flexicontent beta version for j1.6/1.7, is only for testing. Unfortunately quite a few thing things don't work yet. And lacks some features. Please don't try to use for anything other than testing.

About extensions, every extension is either
==> supporting Joomla 1.5 and trying to develop for Joomla 1.6.
==> or supporting Joomla 1.5 and partially supporting Joomla 1.6 (with a few features lacking)
==> or supporting both versions completely.

No one is abandoning adding features to their extensions for Joomla 1.5.

Only a small number (of usually small e.g. module) extensions have versions only for Joomla 1.6/1.7.

Thank you for you interest in FlexiContent for J1.6/1.7 but it is not meant for mainstream use yet.

Regards :-)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 9 months ago #17178 by hede
Thanks for the clearyfication. Ok, so I go with the standard Joomla 1.7 for now and wait for FC to catch up hopefully very soon ;)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline