Speed of development

More
12 years 8 months ago #17681 by don
Speed of development was created by don
From previously complaining about the lack of development for Flexicontent, it seems that over the last couple of months that development has increased significantly (from looking at the release of 1.5.4, the silent release of 1.5.5 and the continued development as seen in the SVN).

It is great to see this, but i hope that Flexicontent can catch up with with K2 (which i am sure it will if the developers keep on adding features).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17684 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Speed of development
Besides the new powerful search view that will allow searching a ONE Flexicontent item TYPE in multiple categories by using AND-ed OR-ed keywords and field filters, and outputting any Flexicontent field in the result list.

There is a new (almost finished) VERY powerful mechanism for multilingual sites that will group item translations and have powerful features (joomfish import, automatic querying of Google Translation servers and saving result in the db) ... !!!, that is NOT on the SVN yet ... i have not talked with Emmanuel yet about this ...

Also 1.5.6 has huge performance improvements in category view that lists a lot of items ..., and and minor speedup in item view.

And many other enhancements and bug-fixes ... but not sure yet about release final release, Emmanuel and the rest of the team will decide ...

E.g. Also among other things, i want to add notifications emails for many flexicontent events, and maybe (later, not in 1.5.6) a new plugin-gallery that will allow to have per item/ per category/ per user images, and will use any joomla gallery plugin ...

Despite 1.5.6 beta being quite stable (i use it on a couple new sites), there is no download package yet, to avoid having a lot of people upgrading and asking for support this period.

We already have a lot of work on this free component and for J1.6/1.7 too, and must also make a living working on commercial projects. I am currently struggling with time. I guess by end of August ... but the date of release is not my decision ... probably there will be an 1.5.6 public beta and then an 1.5.6 final.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 8 months ago #17702 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Speed of development
- flexicontent is realy free professional componant
is best difference between k2 or jseblod is his perfect integration with com_content :o , no hacking 8-) , no priority table :P and his realy easy to use
- to do this it necesary to do a great code and it's take more time then other project ...
you can sponsored this project or dev for this to speed up ! ;)
if you want some feature more quickly you can contact some professional to do some plugin (netassopro ore other)

regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #17757 by don
Replied by don on topic Speed of development
As Flexicontent is GPL, along with K2 etc, then why not copy some features from K2 into Flexicontent?

More
12 years 8 months ago #17758 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Speed of development
Because its not the same syteme flexicontent use com content
Regards

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 8 months ago #17764 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Speed of development
Why you say to catch up with K2 ... ? :)

Flexicontent for J1.5 combined with flexiaccess is much more powerful than K2,
of course it can lack individual features of K2.

What feature are you missing more ?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline