Notify users on new/update content

More
14 years 4 months ago #1780 by mett
Hello

Please tell me how can i notify users about new/updated content? It is possible to add certain email address and notify users belong to this address? For example, i need to notify Sales Team about new articles from category Sales. How can i do that?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #1979 by bsky92
Hi

There is an easy way to do it, it's the favorite icon of the item.

If your user makes one item a favorite for him, every time you will be updating this item, he will be notified. I don't think you can apply this to a category, at least I did not check ...

More
14 years 3 months ago #1982 by mett

If your user makes one item a favorite for him

I need to be sure that all users from this team are notified..

In current version (using com_content), i use Vemod News Mailer to add users as subscriber to each separate sections, then in com_content form i made a simple modification for editors so they can choose to notify or not users about new content. I didn't test it with Flexicontent, but i'll try

More
14 years 3 months ago #2304 by ewel
I also need update notifications when an item is added, to alert all users on an intranet that there is something new. Could the notification functionality be decoupled from the favorites?

More
14 years 3 months ago #2955 by karnage
I too would like to see this added so that when a new content item is added or updated I would like the user to be updated, I would like them to be able to select a category (just like the favourites work now).

Is this possible to add ;)

Loving FlexiContent so far!! Congrats on the best CCK for J! :D

More
12 years 3 months ago #21462 by pshoeg
Hi,

I'm looking for something similar to this. I realize this is an old thread, but I thought I'd comment as I think a lot of people would benefit from a function like this.

I use FlexiContent for my company intranet. As RSS doesn't support private feeds (at least not fully private) this seems like a good option, as I will only need to send notifications to registered users.

Say I have a user who belongs to the Sales Team. I want to notify this user of updates to items and addition of new items -- thus, I need to be able to connect several categories to the user.

Is this possible in any way?

Thanks!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline