How to add a field to "article from a section in blog form"

More
12 years 8 months ago #17908 by boulij
Hi,

I'm using flexicontent to create articles.
In my articles, i added an image field.

In my homepage, I display the latest created articles with the "articles from a section display in blog".

How can I add the image field to the homepage in the "articles from a section in blog form".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #17909 by ggppdk
Your home page is com_frontpage right?
This will not display custom Flexicontent fields unless you create a template override like this:

www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=2...b_v=viewtopic#p17441

The easier way to do it is this:
1. Create a new category called: "Frontpage Items"
2. Assign the items you want to this category as a secondary category. (Use control click to assign an item to multiple categories)
3. Exclude "Frontpage Items" category from routing (creating links to it) since it is not a normal content category. Do this by going to the Joomla Plugin Manager, Find the "System - FLEXIcontent advanced route" Plugin and the select the category (control click if you exclude more than one) and save.
4. Create a new mod_flexicontent module and
=> a. Set it to appear in the frontpage only at appropriate position.
=> b. Set layout "news"
=> c. Set the module to display items from the category "Frontpage Items".
=> d. Also select the fields you want by entering their names in the textarea: "Display Parameters.../Please select fields"
5. Use css to style your output, for now this will have one column. Although now that i think of it an option can be added for multiple columns in the future.

Please try the latest module:
[attachment=0:1ryag4rq]<!-- ia0 -->mod_flexicontent.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1ryag4rq]
Place (overwriting) file: en-GB.mod_flexicontent.ini inside folder:
'languages/en-GB'
Place (overwriting) folder: mod_flexicontent inside folder 'modules'

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Attachments:

More
12 years 8 months ago #17948 by boulij
Thanks for your answer but I don't think that will fit.

All my items are created by members. So i'm not able to do your second step because it should be automatical. When a user create a new article, the article should be created in the natural category AND the frontpage category.

I'm not sure to be clear. Am I?

More
12 years 8 months ago #17949 by ggppdk
Then you have to create a template override for com_frontpage like for com_search :) , the code needed to do it is in the post for template override for com_search.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 8 months ago #18116 by torres86
This is a great mod. I am trying to use it right now. Running into a slight problem.

1 - I'm getting this error displayed above the item Title:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fields in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/hva/modules/mod_flexicontent/helper.php on line 258

2 - In "Display Parameters" - "Image Parameters" I am trying to display the image in a custom photo field I set up. Instead of the photo for the item showing I am seeing a blue error box/image with the message "error messages disabled" written in the box in red.

Any suggestions?

More
12 years 8 months ago #18118 by ggppdk
What Flexicontent version you have?

Did you add fields you want to be to be displayed by writing their name in the textarea?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline