Submit/Edit form Hidden and Readonly fields , A form LAYOUT?

More
12 years 8 months ago #18127 by ggppdk
Thinking of adding 2 options to the MENU ITEM for new item form submit:
1. which fields to hide with some default ?value?
2. which fields to display as readonly with some default ?value?

The first is more straight forward the second will require recreating the display of the field and needs a just a little more work.

But i have problem HOW to give plugins default values because every plugin is different !!! , maybe not to give them default value at all???

About editing, we don't have default value problem

... i am thinking of using Flexiaccess view privileges of fields or getting the configuration of the above mentioned menu item ...

But cannot do now, hopefully within month

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18128 by ggppdk
I think i have a solution for default values, we can a configuration option to the Menu item for selecting an item from which to get default field values.

We can then create an unpublished item that will have the default values we need.

What do you think? Any ideas for better way to do?

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #18130 by aloisio
Hello,
I've tried creating a template, a type and category for each teacher with each group of students.
I want that each teacher when send notes only see field type "select" with their subjects.
These fields would serve as filters.
This idea does not serve that in the view of categories will see several columns, each one with the subject of each teacher and this can not be.
The category view can only be one column with all the subjects of all teachers.

Regards
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by aloisio.

More
12 years 8 months ago #18138 by ggppdk
Ok, after thought the way to do is like this:

Templates now have a category and items LAYOUT,

Also a search view LAYOUT is on the works by enjoyman.

We could have a Form Submit/Edit Layout too

A total of 4 Layouts !!! per template

So placing of fields will be on the Form Submit/Edit Layout , and configuration on the menu Item.

This is unlikely to be in FC 1.5.6, because release date is very soon, but the 1.5.7 will probably follow short after v1.5.6 ..

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline