How to create content types

More
12 years 7 months ago #19485 by pshoeg
Hi there,

I'm using FLEXIcontent to create a website/intranet/extranet. I have three main categories; web, intra, and extra. In each of these categories I have another category called 'news'. I'd like a content type called 'News' where the user can choose (using checkboxes) whether the news item should be posted in web, intra or extra (or more than one).

I've created the content type, but can't seem to figure out how to add the checkboxes and connect them to the categories.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19490 by pshoeg
Replied by pshoeg on topic How to create content types
By the way, I'm using the newest beta on Joomla 1.7.

More
12 years 7 months ago #19493 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How to create content types
You can select multiple categories per item.

So simply open each item and select with control+mouse click the categories in which you want it to appear

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19498 by pshoeg
Yes, but the issue is I want to limit which categories the authors can post to — they can only be allowed to post in those three categories.

More
12 years 6 months ago #19499 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic How to create content types
To limit the categories that authors can post, you can use FLEXIaccess, get here:
www.flexicontent.org/memberships.html

Then to install FLEXIaccess properly, follow instructions here:
www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... ation.html

Note: i am co-developer of FLEXIcontent, not FLEXIaccess.
So i cannot offer support or enhancements for it, only maybe suggestions on using it
FLEXIaccess is very powerful but has a couple of bugs.
FLEXIaccess cooperates with specific components, LIKE FLEXIcontent, AEC (Account Expiration Control) with these you can do a lot ...
For other components you can extend if you are developer ...
For backend you can limit access to all menu items, same for frontend menu items ...

IMPORTANT: also read the documentation that is available for Flexiaccess before using (top menu documentation).

NOTE: Emmanuel, author of FLEXIaccess and head developer of FLEXIcontent is currently unavailable

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #19509 by pshoeg
Oh, okay, thanks.

Do you know if it's possible to limit the authors in such a way that e.g. in the content type 'news' they can only post to certain categories, but for 'article' they can post to other categories?

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline