So I have a question or 2

More
14 years 4 months ago #1959 by AbleGamers
Sorry I did a search.

So I want this com so bad, but I want to know. When I "import" my current content / sections / cats does it make a COPY of them?

What I am not wanting to do is mess with my "live" side of the house while I am messing with this new system?

Also, what will this do to the SEO URL's. because at the end of the day, I do not want to have a total wipe of my URL's and google takes a month to update it.

THANKS!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #1962 by orchid1
Replied by orchid1 on topic So I have a question or 2
What I have done is I imported all the data (categories and articles). Then I went one by one and adjusted my menu items to reflect the new FLEXIcontent types. And slowly erased the originla articles. If you have a large site you would be best served doing this little by little as it will require close attention to the URL's if your lucky you wont have issue but odds are there will be some conflicts, but this all depends on the SEO techniques you are using.

The main reason you may run into problems is if you are using Section names in your URL's since all Flexicontent live in one section.

Anyways this has been my experience. Luckly i had a small site when I installed it but Ina fresh Joomla installation Flexicontent is awesome.

My advise go slowly.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.” William A. Foster - USMC

More
14 years 4 months ago #1963 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic So I have a question or 2
Hi and welcome aboard

Orchid1 gave you a great advice, proceed slowly if you have a large site you want to move to Flexicontent. I would be even more careful, run it first on a test site, and when every thing is ok for you, go live

I installed the Betaversion3 on a big site which was online since 2001, it was a little messy for a couple of days, but as I was moving to a new server just at the same time, it was not a problem .... and I had no SEO :)

More
14 years 4 months ago #1966 by bsky92
Replied by bsky92 on topic So I have a question or 2
Oh, and check this post , it may be helpful

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline