Is it possible to create this?

More
14 years 6 months ago #196 by Linuus
Hi!

I'm currently using MightyExtensions Resources component and I have migrated my old non-joomla site to Joomla.
What I realised when I took my site online is that ME Resources is soo bad written! It overwhelms my MySQL database and crashes the site. Not good...

SO I need another system quick! That's how I found you guys. So, is this possible to create:

The site is hosting lyrics and chords for Swedish songs. It's about 3500 songs and 700 artists. What I need is the following:
Overview
-Create artists and songs and somehow relate these.
-Frontend submission.

The user should be able to list all the Artists, enter an artist and see a list of all the songs that is related to that artist.

Submission
When a user submits a song and he/she choose an artist and the artist isn't there. They have to be able to create the artist and then choose it from the list. It should be published by default.

It is something like this I need to create:
www.ultimate-guitar.com/bands/a.htm

Regards Linus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #243 by pepperstreet
Hello,
i am also a mightyextension user ;-) Sorry to hear you have trouble with the core product.

Do you know jReviews ? Maybe this could suit your needs? You can create listings & reviews. Both can be submitted in the frontend. The customfields allow you to extend the normal joomla articles.

choose an artist... if its not there... able to create the artist and then choose it from the list. It should be published by default.

Not sure about that, but it has an option in the customfields to expand and add new values on submission!

Please have a look for yourself. You can try it 15days for free:
www.reviewsforjoomla.com/

More
14 years 6 months ago #249 by chessman
Hi guys,

yes it is possible to create featured Artist and Songs contents with specific fields for Artist or Song.

Yes you'll be able to create listings for artists, songs, chords or whatever you want as you can create types and then a type list (just an example).

For the frontend submitting, these feature is not included right now but Emmanuel is working hard on the component and this feature is in the roadmap (can't give you a timeline as i'm not the developer).

I expect you have a better view on what FLEXIcontent is and if not you can answer to the topic and post new ones :D

www.christophehagnere.fr <= entièrement réalisé avec FLEXIcontent
www.joomla.fr <= Co-administrateur

More
14 years 5 months ago #815 by Arkham
This appears to be along the lines of my main question about this product.

Could I, for instance create this sort of a music database:

Artists: each artist page would list their published CDs, songs, awards, etc. From that page, each CD title could be clicked to go to the CD itself, which in turn would list the songs on that CD.

Songs: Clicking a Song would go to the song page that lists all CDs that it has appeared on, whether it's the Artist's CD, or a multi-artist compilation, etc. Any awards that song has won (obviously from the previously-populatio 'Awards' category) would show up, with a link to the Awards for that year/type.

And so on...Basically I haven't been able to tell if this sort of CCK system allows linking of items within items. I'm not a database guy, so I'm not sure if I'm explaining it correctly.

More
14 years 5 months ago #816 by vistamedia
Your explanation is clear :) I understand your question because I had exactely the same problem for a customer.
Artists - Albums - Songs - Lyrics + Songs were sold as downloadable products.
And yes it is possible, it requires some php/html knowledge (but normally no FLEXIcontent's core modification).
Cheers,
Emmanuel.

FLEXIcontent lead developer.
www.vistamedia.fr web agency and custom development.
www.joomla.fr co-administrator.
Please no PM for support request, use the forum for that!!!

More
14 years 5 months ago #852 by Arkham
Thanks for the prompt reply, Emmanuel.

I won't derail this thread any longer, but I may write up a more detailed example of what I'm trying to achieve and contact you directly.

I really like what I've seen of both FLEXIcontent and your dedication/support. Thanks.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.917 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline