phpThumb reports that ImageMagick is not installed

More
12 years 6 months ago #20060 by torkil
When uploading a rather large image, I got this error:
Code:
Failed2: phpThumb() v1.7.9-200805132119 All attempts to create GD image source failed. ImageMagick is not installed (it is highly recommended that you install it). Source image is too large (4000x3000 = 12.0Mpx, max=13.4Mpx) for GD creation (either install ImageMagick or increase PHP memory_limit to at least 66M). phpThumb() v1.7.9-200805132119 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 216 setSourceFilename(/.../public_html/components/com_flexicontent/uploads/cimg1627-3.jpg) set $this->sourceFilename to "/.../public_html/components/com_flexicontent/uploads/cimg1627-3.jpg" in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 243 file_exists() = 0 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1105 is_executable() = 0 in file "phpthumb.class.php" on line 1106

I did "which convert" and "convert --version" from the commandline, and found that convert is located at /usr/local/bin/convert, and that Version: ImageMagick 6.7.0-2 2011-06-17 Q16 www.imagemagick.org .

So as far as I can tell it is installed, phpThumb just doesn't know it yet. How can I fix this? I found no configuration options for ImageMagick path in Flexi.

Edit:
Someone else possibly identified the problem here, a year ago:
stackoverflow.com/questions/1877 ... ck-imagick

Might seem like ImageMagick changed the way it outputs it's version string, and that it's now incompatible with phpThumb?

Torkil Sinkaberg Johnsen
Web developer, BEDRE reklame
blog.bedre.no

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #20063 by ggppdk
Did you test the fix suggested ??

Please, test and i will alter the phpthumb.class.php to include the fix of proper imageMagick version detection.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #20067 by torkil
This could possibly be fixed in the latest versions of phpThumb already. Perhaps FLEXIcontent should just bundle a newer version of phpThumb?

Torkil Sinkaberg Johnsen
Web developer, BEDRE reklame
blog.bedre.no

More
12 years 6 months ago #20068 by ggppdk
mmm in FLEXIcontent v2.0 for J1.7 :

-- We have just added multibox v2.0 (for mootools v1.2) in for the image field. (so image popup is now working properly)
-- And also a new slideshow javascript library (for mootools v1.2) for the mini-gallery field.

We could update PHPthumb too for both FLEXIcontent versions ... just we have some small customizations to the PHPthumb and wanted to avoid this now, since it might break some stuff just before final version of FLEXIcontent v1.5.6, mainly if the new PHPthumb version has behavioral changes.

NOTE: that recently we added (SVN only) to v1.5.6beta3 and v2.0beta5, ability for image field to rebuild thumbnails when the size are reconfigured, and also for mini-gallery field:
-- for v1.5.6 ability to have playback controls and to hide thumbnails
-- for v2.0 ability to have multi rows / cols and position thumbnails everywhere.

Now the mini-gallery field despite using different slideshow library have almost the same basic abilities for both FLEXIcontent versions.

Also the image field has many other enhancements in v1.5.6 (see its configuration options) like default image if no image is defined.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline