Change Tag Menu Item Results Format

More
12 years 6 months ago #20256 by irebout
I am new to FlexiContent and am using tags for articles. This has to do with articles that need to be accessible in multiple locations. I am then using the tag menu item to produce the results of the articles. When results come up I would like two things to happen.

1. I would like the "Items tagged with: ______" to be removed. Where would I go to remove that?

2. Is it possible to have the title of the article on top with a brief description or the first x words after the title vs. the way it is now with the title in one column and then the article lead in on the second column?

Thanks much for any help you can provide!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #20284 by ggppdk
About 1
Create a template override for file
components/com_flexicontent/views/tags/tmpl/default.php
by copying the file to:
templates/mytemplate/html/com_flexicontent/tags/default.php

Edit the new file and just after lines:
Code:
<tbody> <?php foreach ($this->items as $item) :
add the following code to skip items that have this text '____' in their title:
Code:
if (preg_match('/_____/', $item->title)) continue;

About 2. replace code:
Code:
<td headers="fc_title"> [url=<?php echo JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($item->slug, $item->categoryslug)); ?>]<?php echo $this->escape($item->title); ?>[/url] </td> <td headers="fc_intro"> <?php echo flexicontent_html::striptagsandcut( $item->introtext, 150 ); ?> </td>
with (we just move the introtext and add a newline):
Code:
<td headers="fc_title"> <b>[url=<?php echo JRoute::_(FlexicontentHelperRoute::getItemRoute($item->slug, $item->categoryslug)); ?>]<?php echo $this->escape($item->title); ?>[/url]</b> <br> <?php echo flexicontent_html::striptagsandcut( $item->introtext, 150 ); ?> </td>
3. Remove the no longer used column, that used to contain description:
<th id="fc_desc">...</th>

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #20290 by micker
Great tutorial
Thanks

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
12 years 6 months ago #20320 by irebout
On part two is that located in the same file as the first, or is that in a different file. Just want to make sure.

(By the way, thanks for the timely response!! Your product is amazing and if the support is like this I have some other programmers I'm going to be recommending this to ASAP)

More
12 years 6 months ago #20323 by ggppdk
Yes it inside same file, about FLEXIcontent

I liked the component a lot and joined the project this year, to contribute back.

During last summer i had more time. Now during winter the progress will slow down a little, so will my responses to the forum, although i hope that answers like this one, will be useful to more people that search the forum.

A lot of energy has gone to make a FLEXIcontent version for J1.6/1.7 (This is close to making a final release)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 6 months ago #20349 by irebout
So I'm noticing something new about the menu link, when you click the link the table is now set up exactly the way I want it, THANK YOU FOR THAT!! But the results are not coming up with the latest item with that tag on the top. Is there anyway to fix this?

So for instance items that I am putting in today should show up at the top and items that I put in yesterday should be underneath.

Also how do I change the word count so that more of the article is displayed?

Thanks again for the help I hope this posting helps other people as well!!

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline