Can no longer add links to images

More
12 years 4 months ago #21017 by flexij
I was adding links to images in tables, and when I hit apply, the Flexicontent item was messed up with some of the images gone. Since then, I haven't been able to add links to ANY images.

In my attempt to fix the problem, I installed com_flexicontent_156_RC1a_r979. Before that, I was using com_flexicontent_156_RC1_r967. Installing a new version of Flexicontent hasn't fixed the problem. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21028 by ggppdk
-- FLEXIcontent v1.5.6 has new code to recreate thumbnails if you change size or don't exist when viewing the item,
-- but like previous versions it has no code to recreate the thumbnails if they don't exist in the edit form.

UPDATE: See my next POST for an updated image.php file

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21029 by ggppdk
Since, you installed v1.5.6 RC1a , use this enhanced fixed file for the image plugin:
[attachment=0:1yauhdpz]<!-- ia0 -->image.zip<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:1yauhdpz]
Place the above file inside folder:
plugins/flexicontent_fields/

This file has checks if thumbnails exist and will recreate them ...

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
Attachments:

More
12 years 4 months ago #21054 by flexij
I was confused and decided to start over, so I deleted all the images in:
.../public_html/components/com_flexicontent/uploads
and
.../public_html/images/stories/flexicontent/
(To keep things simple, I made thumbnails for just one of the images I reuploaded. All the thumbnails are the same size though...does that make a difference?)

I uploaded the .php file to the correct directory, tried the easier method, then tried the less easy method. Somewhere along the line, I must have made a mistake because it's still not working... :?

More
12 years 4 months ago #21056 by ggppdk
You deleted the original files from the
"component/com_flexicontent/uploads" folder !!!

This was both unnecessary and erroneous (i never said to delete the original files).

YOU only needed to add the new image.php file
By adding the new image.php file the thumbnails will have gotten recreated by just:
- either clicking save in some item
- or viewing the item in the frontend.

Now you will need to do a little more work. Anyway do this:
1. Delete the image field
2. Goto to the filemanager and delete the files you have deleted from the uploads folder (never add/delete files from the upload folder manually (only replace an existing image with a different version)
3. Create a new image field and assign it to your item type
4. Open items and add the images and save

Regards

More
12 years 4 months ago #21067 by flexij
I followed the steps and the thumbnails are being created. Thanks! :D But I still have the same problem with adding links to images. If I put an image in an item, then add a link to the image, the link disappears. For some reason, images won't maintain their links anymore. :?:

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline