Turning off canonical links

More
12 years 4 months ago #21360 by iamrobert
Hi,

Maybe I have missed something - but when I go here:

taiwanbiking.com/en/services.html

The canonical link code is:
Code:
<link href="http://taiwanbiking.com/index.php?option=com_flexicontent&view=category&cid=3:taipei-store&Itemid=4" rel="canonical" />

Is it possible to be the Joomla SEF link?

I have also tried disabling it by clicking:

Types > canonical links > no - is this the global setting?

I am using FLEXIcontent version 1.5.6 RC2a (r1057)

Thanks,

Robert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #21365 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Turning off canonical links
mmm, in r1061 revision:

(a) Changed rel canonical links for categories / tags to be SEF format.

(b) Added global parameter to control rel canonical in items/category/tags view, then added same parameter in category params and tag menu params to override the
global.

(c) Items already have an parameter in the type configuration, but added there an option to allow heritage from global and also made inheriting from
global to be the default behavior.

in r1062 revision:
-- added current page to the rel canonical of category and tags view

So now we have a global setting, plus we enable/disable foreach category and for items we can enable/disable in the type parameters (and of course in each individual item parameters)

Is the above full proof or really needed for category view ? i am not sure, maybe it is better not to use.

Turning off for categories? mmm, the filtering options will be appended to the URL ...

Reasons for appending to URL, is to allow bookmarks and to allow to work with FULL page caching via joomla (system) cache plugin (YES now it works !!!)

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 4 months ago #21411 by micker
Replied by micker on topic Turning off canonical links
great ! merry chrismas !

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline