External form: funny problem

More
12 years 3 months ago #21570 by Rooney
Hi, we are using external contact forms from HubSpot on our page. The form contains some JavaScript code and links of course to HubSpot. I have to insert certain code into an article and I do this without using an editor in Joomla because it might happen that code gets stripped off.

Anyway, when I put the code into a FC item and save part of the form is all for the sudden integrated into the FlexiContent item form. Means the code text isnot longer in the description field, but part of the Joomla backend form...

Another problem I have is, that we are using a pressure unit calculator on our page. Here also, we are integrating JavaScript code that refers to an external page. The calculator form is displayed correctly but nothing happens. No calculation.

Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #21571 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic External form: funny problem
If calculator is not working then check for javascript error.
Also view the html source to check that any js files needed by calculator have been loaded.
Try contancting the developer of the calculator

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #21573 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic External form: funny problem
Both, the contact forms and the calculator, are working correctly under Joomla 1.5. The calculator as a normal Joomla article, the HubSpot form inside a Zoo item. By the way, I inserted the HubSpot form directly into the data base table using phpMyAdmin and the form is working!

Rooney

More
12 years 3 months ago #22183 by Rooney

ggppdk wrote: If calculator is not working then check for javascript error.
Also view the html source to check that any js files needed by calculator have been loaded.
Try contancting the developer of the calculator

Everything is working until I use it in a FlexiContent item. The calculator loads an external JavaScript. Does FC not allow this?

Also, I still have the problem that I cannot insert php code into an item (editors disabled).

Rooney

More
12 years 3 months ago #22209 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic External form: funny problem
Not all plugins will work inside flexicontent,
e.g. a plugin will not work unless you also trigger another plugin (trying triggering all content plugins)
e.g. the plugin makes some extra checks about the environment in which it is triggered,
e.g. a file is not loaded some reason, but this is needed by the plugin
e.g. some javascript conflict

what FC version you use?
where do you trigger the plugin , in item view? which field? OR in category description?

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #22229 by Rooney
I am using FC 2 1110. I am not using any field. I just put in some source code in a FC item that builds a pressure unit converter form and loads external JavaScript.

Rooney

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.281 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline