Error messages disabled in Universal module

More
12 years 3 months ago #21592 by ysumatta
Hello,
Bonjour,

In our Website all pictures are replaced by blue image with red text "Error messages disabled"

The facts :
1- it's not in all browsers
2- The same Broswer same version same OS may not having the problem !
3- When you copy and paste the blue PNG picture in a tab "the real image appear without probleme"
4- This problem exist for lot of dev team but no-one has solved the problem
5- We updated the phpthumb.php lib ( no change )
6- On a different serveur with same version of php and apache ( the problem may not appear )
7- 70% of browsers has the probleme ( browsershot source )
8- I hate that F.... bug
I've waste more than 2 days with that
9- In the bugfix of flexi ( twice time it's written - Fix bug image but ... not really ;o(

10- I had tto Hack Flexi and bypass phpthumb.php lib to avoid the problem
What will happen during the next update ?

11- It's not a probleme of Cache !

If you have an idea for Us ? merci de faire suivre ;o)

Image exemple during the dev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #21594 by ggppdk
The image is an image field or is it extracted from text?

Do you use latest revision of v1.5.6?

without access it is not easy to debug and time consuming, please send PM with access, e.g. in a copy site

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 months ago #21595 by ggppdk
I think that i found the problem, the url that the module produce is invalid because it uses: & instead of & (inside html code we must use & and in the browser location bar we must use &)

-- open module file:
helper.php

-- do a global replace of:
'&
with
'&

Enter exactly as you see above with a single quote and an &, i checked and the global replacement will not replace unwanted strings

-- As you reported the behavior depends on the browser, some browser will interpret &varname as an character entity, some will interpret as a ampersand with a variable name.

-- Usually joomla URLs are passed through JRoute::_ which corrects ampersand, so the problem doesnot manifests, but in this case we donot pass it through the JRoute::_()

PLEASE TEST AND REPORT BACK to confirm the fix

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline