How authorise registered users to create items in frontend?

More
12 years 2 months ago #22467 by ocaeymaex
Hi, I have set up un menu item pointing to the 'item submission form' in the frontend. It is working fine but only for special users. Unregistered users and registered users get a 403 error. My menu item is of course published and accessible for public users.

I have looked in flexiaccess and in the general settings of flexicontent and I conuldn't find any related setting that could be tweaked.

Any idea how I can enable item submission for everybody from the frontend?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22475 by ggppdk
You speak of v1.5.4 / v1.5.6 right?

Unregistered users can not submit content.
Registered users can not submit content unless they are at least author group.

You should set the unauthorized access to item submission to be redirected to a URL e.g. a FLEXIcontent item with some text, so that you don't get a 403 error being displayed (do this in the joomla menu item for item submission form).

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 2 months ago #22485 by ocaeymaex
Thanks for the quick answer !

I have just tried that, following your advice. I created a user (marion caeymaex / zxtzjyx0) and put this user in the author group.

I tried again to create a new item ( www.eventguru.be/index.php?optio ... 65&lang=fr ) and got the same 403 error. Any clue?

Let me know if you need super admin rights.

Thanks in advance.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22487 by ggppdk
Check the "Access Level" of the menu item, it must be set to "public" or "registered"

If you don't have FLEXIaccess, any author will be able to submit content.

If you have FLEXIaccess then check that the "user group" of the user can submit content, note in FLEXIaccess you can also have individual user groups too.

If you have FLEXIaccess maybe you have misconfigured. -- if your site is new and
-- if you have little FLEXIaccess configuration
then try uninstalling FLEXIaccess and then testing and then reinstalling and configuring carefully.

Regards

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 2 months ago #22489 by ocaeymaex
Hi again, I am sorry but I doesn't manage to sort it out. I have flexiaccess. We have groups including the non-editable 'registered users' group. I see nowhere an option that allows me to specify that authors should be able to post... My install is not really 'fresh' (one year ago) and much as be done in the meantime, I wouldn't dare to reinstall the whole lot.

Another issue with authors is that I have some main menu items that are meant for 'special' users (=administrator frontend features). I realized that authors also have access to special menu items. Since it is the main menu (= not published as a module), I can't use flexiaccess to limit access to those special menu items.

A few extra hints would be helpful ;-)

Thanks again for your assistance.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22509 by ggppdk
FLEXIaccess cannot give more rights to the user than his/her joomla group.

So your user should be at least member of the author group.

It is recommended that you make all your users memmber of the manager group (or administrator group) and then limit their access via their FLEXIaccess group !!

If they are just "registered" they will never be able to submit content.

Regards

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline