Flexiaccess "You are not authorized to execute this task"

More
12 years 2 months ago #22632 by rubenreyes
Hello, I have a question about Flexiaccess that I hope someone can help me answer.

Here is what I want to do: create a group for users that will only be allowed to edit and publish the items of one specific category.

Here is what I have done:
1. Created a new group in Flexicaccess called "Disclosures". The group has Level 2.
2. I have added a user "Julie" to this group. Julie is in Joomla group Administrators
3. For the group Disclosures I don't activate anything in Backend & Specific Permissions.
4. I got to the category in Flexicontent. Open Manage Permissions. In the line for the group Disclosures I click on Edit Own, Edit All, Publish Own and Publish All. I select to propagate permissions to items only.
5. Then I log in with Julie. I can go to Flexicontent and view the list of items. However when I click on any of them I get the message "You are not authorized to execute this task". I tried checking the box of an item and clicking on the Edit icon and I get the same result.

I imagine that I am missing some step or configuration.

Can anyone help me?
Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #22637 by ggppdk
Try deleting (if you have one) the FLEXIaccess individual group of the user, load and re-save category, logout and relogin in the frontend.

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 2 months ago #22723 by rubenreyes
Thank you for the reply.

I deleted the group (it's a collective group), and created it again, assigned the new group to the category and its items and assigned a user to the group.

Still the same problem :(

More
12 years 2 months ago #22730 by ggppdk
No, no, i said to delete the individual user group (if you had one)

also now that i think of it maybe create a new user, and reassign user's items to the new user
and then assign user to the collective group.

my thought is that the user is assigned to some other group, that has prohibited permissions.

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline