Flexicontent 2.0 and multilanguage

More
12 years 2 months ago #23256 by bobthebob01
Hi,

I've had the chance to attend joomla day in bangkok during which Peter Martin gave a informative presentation on how to make a multi languages website without 3rd party components. You can see his presentation here: akarawuth.com/jday/JD2012-Peter- ... age_v7.pdf

I was wondering if FC 2.0 will accomodate the same functionality? That would avoid using joomfish which is a great extension but i prefer to avoid using many extension to manage a website. (which is why i love FC cause you can build anything within the same component).

thanks

ps: it was also nice to check emmanuel's presentation although he preached a preacher for me!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #23260 by ggppdk
For next version we plan full item translation (all fields) with marking of untranslated fields (aka the value from the master translation will be used, this will be useful for galleries)

This will include
-- changing item language on the fly via a system plugin, aka associations of item translations
-- Task for creating translation
a. import translation from joomfish (J1.5 and J2.5?),
b. automatic copy and translate via google
-- Backend management support for showing and listing / managing the translation group of each item

This is partly implemented already for the J1.5 version (future v1.5.7)

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 2 months ago #23274 by bobthebob01
Thanks ggpdk,

that sounds great actually.
I'm just not clear about which version this should be in.
"1.5.7", do you mean that it will also be in version "2" for j2.5?

More
12 years 2 months ago #23275 by ggppdk
Yes, actually the implementation for J1.5 should not be difficult to transfer to J2.5 version too

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #24723 by hede
Hello, any news on the matter? Is there a rough estimation when multilanuage will be available?

cheers

FF on Win10, FLEXIcontent version 3.0.10 on Joomla 3.4

More
12 years 1 week ago #24811 by ggppdk
Read more here:
www.flexicontent.org/forum/index ... 420#p24804

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline