Flexicontent as Home Page

More
12 years 4 days ago #25135 by spy
Dear friends,

I have successfully installed f.c. 2.0 over j. 2.5.4. and everything is all right.

I created a custom image field, to include into my article's template and it worked fine, everything is in the right place.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to display this custom image field within the article preview on the front page of my site.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 days ago #25136 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Flexicontent as Home Page
Your question is about usage you should not respond to that thread, i have splited your topic.

You want to use a FLEXIcontent category or a FLEXIcontent item as FrontPage of your site?

First please read this FAQ article:
www.flexicontent.org/documentati ... epage.html

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 days ago #25178 by spy
Replied by spy on topic Flexicontent as Home Page
Dear ggppdk,

Thank you for your immediate response.

I’ve already follow those steps, but I had two problems.

First of all FC’s article listing (by category) is not configurable regarding listing’s layout options (number of columns, articles etc) as Joomla’s homepage is.

And for some reason and despite the article’s template, using this listing, the image field is displayed right underneath the title and before the description, and not side by side as it is happening in article view.

I'm obviously missing something... :D

Regards

More
12 years 3 days ago #25179 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Flexicontent as Home Page
If you use a FLEXIcontent category as your HOME page then you can set this category to use the blog template and configure the "intro columns" to 1-4

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
12 years 3 days ago #25180 by spy
Checking again with blog layout. My mistake...

Regards

More
12 years 2 days ago #25203 by spy
OK I think I'm starting to understand how it works.
My only problem is that I can't set the image side by side with the description in category view (blog template) and an index that it shows up. I'll try to find the template's .php and play with it.

Regards
Spiros

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.747 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline