Set Pending Approval State for Frontend Submissions

More
11 years 8 months ago #27545 by yaK2manD
Hi,

I have just noticed that Frontend Submissions get the Unpublished State in stead of Pending Approval. To improve items management, it could be better to get the Pending Approval Status.

Another thing, on updating, I have able versioning, but I would like to know what the 'Approve version' select Yes/ No is for. When I select 'No', it just increments the version number.

Always on updating, how can we notice that new version has been submitted ? (without checking emails)
(In previous versions, there was an email and a private message sent on update but I don't receive PM / email anymore with v1420 J!2.5)
Because, here we don't know when an item is updated (frontend).

If versioning is unable, items which have been updated (frontend) still published... How can I fix it ?

Thank You.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #27546 by ggppdk
1. If the user cannot publish then state of new items should be "pending approval"
i ll fix this
will also fix notifications, and these are improved too

2. The "Approve version" when you set it to "NO" allows you to create a new version of the document , but not MAKE it current and thus visible to frontend.

When you revisit the item form this last "unapproved" (aka not current) version is loaded

You make changes and you set "Approve version" to "Yes" and the version will be current and thus visible to frontend.

These are described by a message when you save or load this unapproved version , don't you get this message ???

There is a quick slider in FLEXIcontent dashboard to see --Revised documents-- (=documents with unapproved version) (an editor that cannot publish has changed the document and you need to approve the version)

There is a quick slider in FLEXIcontent dashboard to see documents to see documents in pending approval state

ALSO you see both the above in items MANAGER TAB via the item STATE Filter

If versioning is unable, items which have been updated (frontend) still published... How can I fix it ?

Please revise this, i don't understand it

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline