Automatic redirect from the article view to flexi item view

More
10 years 1 month ago #45772 by b2z
Hmm... That is strange, but it does not work. For example try to open any link on my test website without word item in the address. You will be redirected to the index.php page, but it should open article.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #45780 by ggppdk
Hello

so these are com_content article links ?

-- please PM me with such link examples,

-- if these are these menu items, then give the menu item id so that i can find them in backend

also maybe give a link to a page that contains such links

Regards

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
10 years 1 month ago #45781 by b2z
ok will PM examples

More
10 years 1 month ago #45846 by ggppdk
Hello

i have found the reason:
the 1-SEGMENT after CAT_MENU_ALIAS is interpreted differently in com_flexicontent SEF urls:

-- in com_flexicontent it is always a category id
but in com_content it is a article id

-- and you have changed the menu items from being com_content category menu items to being com_flexicontent category menu items

I understand that the above can be a problem in existing Joomla sites. Probably solution is to make this selectable via a parameter:

Parameter
Use /item/ in item SEF urls
- Yes
- No

Description: /item/ is appended after category menu alias to make an item SEF urls, you can select not to use this. This is needed if you are installing FLEXIcontent on an Joomla site that already has bookmarked links and links indexed by google and you want to change Joomla category menu items to be FLEXIcontent category menu items)

NOTE:
the above will not break any FLEXIcontent links using /item/

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
10 years 1 month ago #45847 by ggppdk
Hello

added the parameter in r1871

and modified FLEXIcontent SEF creation/routing code to support it (file: route.php at FLEXIcontent component folder)

FLEXIcontentBuildRoute() // Creates /segments/ of SEF urls

and

FLEXIcontentParseRoute() // parses(interprets) /segments/ of SEF urls

regards

More
10 years 1 month ago #45848 by b2z
Great news! Thank you very much for this. I am sure that not only I will be happy - many users want to remove /item/ from the URL. I hope it will not break existing sites running FC.

Happy coding to you ;)

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.616 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline