Looking for a way to collapse directory view

More
8 years 9 months ago #55829 by lowket
Is it possible in directory view, to see only the main categories, and not the subcategories?
I need to hide the subcategories, only show when main categorie is clicked.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #55844 by micker
it will add in next release

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: lowket

More
8 years 8 months ago #56626 by virtualcoyote
That is great news, I would like this feature as well. I just upgraded to v3.0.6 but do not see how to configure this via the menu settings or in the general configuration settings from the flexicontent control panel. Is the feature to collapse/hide subcategories in Directory View available yet? All I want to see in the Directory view is parent categories, allowing the user to drill down into the category and then drill down into sub-categories until they reach the subcategory they want and then show the items in that subcategory. If the setting is available already then I apologize for overlooking it. Thanks!

More
8 years 8 months ago #56627 by ggppdk
Hello

- directory view is meant to be updated in next major release v3.1, or v3.2

but making it collapsible is easy, and a developer can do it by a Joomla template override in 20-30 minutes
adding parameters and language strings and some styling to it will need a little more time,

-- i will do it in a v3.0.x that will not be rushed out due to an important bug

v3.0.6 has collapsible field-group display with options which fields to keep out of the collapse

v3.0.x is meant mainly to have bug-fixes and some features that we meant for v3.0.0 but were not added (e.g. slider and slider range were meant for v3.0.0 but they were added in v3.0.5) , e.g. file field is not able to be used in field group because we did not finish work on it, but it will support field group in v3.0.x

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 8 months ago #56628 by ggppdk
Hello

continuing the previous,
i think this can be in v3.0.8 as v3.0.7 will be out sooner due to a bug in fieldgroup field display

- with v3.0.0 we have started a consistent public changelog (see www.flexicontent.org/downloads/latest-version.html )
will publish a roadmap estimation too

Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?

More
8 years 8 months ago #56633 by ggppdk
Hello

you may add some suggestions / ideas here:

github.com/FLEXIcontent/flexicontent-cck/issues/271

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.566 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline