Upcoming events module and menu item

More
8 years 8 months ago #56923 by marc.light
I'm almost there :)

I installed the sourcerer plugin where I can add PHP code in a field. I'm using the "Closing text for Field" and will use divs to display the right format with CSS. Now, how can I get the data needed?

SELECT value FROM flexicontent_fields_item_relations WHERE item_id = {{item->id}}

Thanks and hopefully this will help others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #56924 by ggppdk
Hello

to execute a query you would need a custom template,

but if you have a custom template then you do not need to make a query you can use (as said before):
Code:
$field_id = 44; print_r($item->_row->fieldvalues[$field_id]);

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 7 months ago #57238 by marc.light
Hi,

I was able to get the module working for upcoming events. I'm not able to do the same for the menu item FLEXIcontent - Category. I can sort by the events date, ascending. Everything is like it should. What I'm trying to do is only show the upcoming events based on the date.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #57245 by ggppdk
Hello

use the publish up date (publish start date)

- this way category view will not list items that are not yet published
- you don't need to have
publish_up date = event date
it can be different

then in universal module you can configure to show according to publish_up date and sort by event date

- NOTE: module can show not yet published ITEMs, but category view can not

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by ggppdk.

More
8 years 7 months ago #57283 by marc.light
It's the pass dates that I don't want to show. Upcoming events are future dates. Maybe I'm not getting your solution but I can't see how it would do what I'm trying to do.

Let's say I have 3 items: Item Name, event date

Event 1, August 14, 2015
Event 2, October 3, 2015
Event 3, November 23, 2015

The module is configured to show upcoming events only based on the actual date in ascending order so it shows

Event 2, October 3, 2015
Event 3, November 23, 2015

and that's exactly what I need. The problem is that I can't get the same layout with a menu item. I could use the unpublished date but I don't want users to input 2 dates when they input events. They will probably forget anyway.

I really think that this is a must to be able to use FLEXIcontent for events and would be easier to manage when all your content is at the same place instead of having to install another component just for events. But this might not be a direction that FLEXIcontent wants to take but when you look at it, not much is missing.

Thanks again.

More
8 years 7 months ago #57284 by Macjoomla
Just by the way, this is what i thought about too… :whistle:

marc.light wrote: …would be easier to manage when all your content is at the same place instead of having to install another component just for events. But this might not be a direction that FLEXIcontent wants to take but when you look at it, not much is missing..

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.301 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline