advance route, about ids in item URLs

More
8 years 5 months ago #58631 by MikeM
ggppdk, thank you for answer

how can i do this without hacking FC core ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #58632 by micker
propose a PR on github to be insert in code

FLEXIcontent is Free but involves a very big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite being huge extension) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing reviews. Thanks![/size]

More
8 years 5 months ago #58635 by ggppdk
Hello

@MikeM
first, please explain the usefulness of the change that you suggest

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 5 months ago #58636 by ggppdk
- if it useful (please explain)
- and we decide that it can backward compatible too

then we can make the change ourselves too, it may well be much easier for us,
than you trying to update the code

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
8 years 5 months ago #58650 by MikeM
ggppdk, hello again, and thank that take notice for me :)
maybe my arguments to convince you
why i did it ? i try give more social functions for site, based only on FC
Idea about User profiles discussed on forum more than 4 years and mechanism is - category(type) as profiles sharing long time ago, but not released.
I see 2 way decisions for profiles - create new views or do it with categoryes/types
In FC no 'view' 'user' or 'userlist' (for comparison in com_cobalt there is 19(!!!) views, including users) - but it can do with types(categories)
add - in global component config option - where user define category whith be a profile category, or create default this category.
As i think it more useful than if i (or somebody else) install FC + CB and try to integrate 2 components - same result we see if it be in FC only - and more productivity - avatars, canvas, other field - can create in FC as fields -
relations with articles and authors - as relation field.

Why router?
At first - we can see as default joomla route create id and "-" everywhere - but how need it? As example - social media - VK, Facebook user profiles - as /id113245
If alias no need or it no play great role why use it?
Consider wider we can create type in flexi for every as we want - but route be as default for this everything content.
as example - real estate catalogue - default aliases be as site.com/houses/123-house-in-somewhere
but advance route can do site.com/houses/house123 or site.com/houses/id123 (or site.com/houses/house-in-somewhere)
and it retranslate as substr($segments[1], $somevariable); where $somevariable - number of characters
But it's not about only to remove id!
In cobalt component we can (as say on its forum) define url in file /language/en-EN/en-EN.com_cobalt.ini
Code:
SEF_CATITEMS="catitems" SEF_CREATED="created" SEF_FORM_ADD="add" SEF_FORM_EDIT="edit" SEF_ITEM="item" SEF_ITEMS="items" SEF_USERCATEGORY="usercategory" SEF_USERITEM="useritem" SEF_USER_ITEM="user-item" SEF_VWITEM="vwitem"

If add in configuration of component select or define custom url type - would that be bad?

More
8 years 5 months ago #58652 by MikeM
joomla feature - is permanent work with other people's code

I temporarily installed CB - and what i see? -
1 - very hard to customize CB
2 - great spagetti code(for front-end dev) in template CB
3 - no integration with FC - all links to author items as /component/content/article/23-profile/4-super-user?Itemid=101

why not make all in one place? and it place be a FC :cheer:
in FC - all code transparent and convenient

you have the right to decide as you think best

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.555 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline