Contact in article

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #59679 by Shieldfire
Before I try; is it at all possible to add the "contents" of a (or group of) contacts in an article using FlexiContent?
I know I can link to a contact, but then I only get a regular link. What I want is the "content" of it, i.e. name, title, phone number(s), email address.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Shieldfire.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #59682 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Contact in article
There is a new plugin that allows to display articles and authors inside articles. {flexi_ITEM:224 ilayout:mm-contact} shows article with id 224 with an layout mm-contact.
www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...eferences.html#55479
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shieldfire

More
8 years 3 months ago #59685 by Shieldfire
Replied by Shieldfire on topic Contact in article
Hmm, looks interesting.
Do I understand it correctly if you took the information from a standard item with ID 224 rather than from something created with a component (like Contacts) which has a separate list of ID?

More
8 years 3 months ago #59691 by Rooney
So far the plugin works for categories, articles, fields and authors. I added three example usages in this thread: www.flexicontent.org/forum/20-general-su...eferences.html#59548 . The third application is similar one compared to yours.
FC is a CCK system. So if you use articles plus fields for the contacts it'll give you more freedom anyway!
Rooney

More
8 years 3 months ago #59695 by Shieldfire
Replied by Shieldfire on topic Contact in article
Indeed, which why I've used it for other sites before.
The site I have in mind, is a very basic one for a non-profit so looking to keep as standard as possible.

However, it seems like it would be very useful generally.

More
8 years 3 months ago #59696 by Rooney
You have even more control about the output when you use FlexiContent. Resizing of images, font sizes and so on. Anyway, the new plugin is really useful. Internal linking is really easy with it!
Rooney

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline