Image field DB mode

More
7 years 8 months ago #63713 by JeBy
Image field DB mode was created by JeBy
Hi there

Maybe I'm overlooking something, but when I select the DB mode I expect to be able to select the same image for use in another content item. However, when I select a certain image for use somewhere else (in a different field), it just copies it into a different folder and the extra field information (like description, etc.) gets lost? Is this the way it's supposed to work? Is this not a bit unefficient for space/logical reasons? Just was wondering what you developers thought of this :)

Have a great day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #63714 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Image field DB mode
Hi,
please have a look in the image field setting under image source and especially the tooltip of "include added by".
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9

More
7 years 8 months ago #63724 by ggppdk
Replied by ggppdk on topic Image field DB mode
Hello

Hi,
please have a look in the image field setting under image source and especially the tooltip of "include added by".
Rooney

to have re-usable images
- either set image field in "DB-mode" and set parameter, "include added by"
- or set the field in "Media manager" mode

the 1st mode (DB-mode) allows user isolation,
the 2nd mode (media manager), will share images among users (J3.7 or Joomla media manager will have user folders)

note file / image handling uploading / handlingis currently getting an update ... you will see soon ))

-- Flexicontent is Free but involves a big effort on our part.
Like the our support? (for a bug-free FC, despite having a long list of functions) Like the features? Like the ongoing development and future commitment to FLEXIcontent?
-- Add your voice to the FLEXIcontent JED listing with a 5-star...

More
7 years 8 months ago #63727 by JeBy
Replied by JeBy on topic Image field DB mode
So DB mode only allows user isolation? That's why it's duplicating the image into another folder? The thing is, when I read the description:

Use <b>DB MODE</b>, when assigning attribute images to content items that need to be <b>resused</b> by various items and <u>more options</u> are needed than those offered by <u>radio-image</u> , <u>checkbox-image</u> field TYPEs <br/><br/> e.g. attributes with descriptions and popup links, etc

I would think the behaviour of DB MODE would be that you can actually reuse the image meaning using it's location, description and any other information linked to the image. Now when I use the image somewhere else it sometimes gets duplicated into a different folder, clears the description, etc. making it into a different image? However when I go to the backend file listing I don't see it twice? Do you know what I'm saying?

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #63730 by Rooney
Replied by Rooney on topic Image field DB mode
I am using the DB mode. The images and the thumbs are all saved in one folder (well, one for the originals and one for alle the thumbs), and the images are of course reusable.
For example I setup an image fields in the following way: I have a field Article_image and a field Reference_image. I can only access Reference_image images in Reference_image field but from all users! See picture attached
Rooney

Joomla! 3.9.24 and FC 3.3.9
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Rooney.

Moderators: vistamediajoomlacornerggppdk
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds
Save
Cookies user preferences
We use cookies to ensure you to get the best experience on our website. If you decline the use of cookies, this website may not function as expected.
Accept all
Decline all
Essential
These cookies are needed to make the website work correctly. You can not disable them.
Display
Accept
Analytics
Tools used to analyze the data to measure the effectiveness of a website and to understand how it works.
Google Analytics
Accept
Decline